Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temporarily disconnect Mk3 2.0 TDCi MAF - okay?

DickP

Hi,

I am investigating what I think is a fault and is documented by other users to do with a strange engine behaviour on pulling away / drive take up.  The car behaved as I would expect it to for a few days last week which leads me to tink there may be a metering fault causing the behaviour.

Does anyone know whether the engine will run okay with items such as the air flow meter disconnected?

I appreciate it may develop a fault code, but I am able to clear that with Forscan.  It's a process of elimination I want to start to see if I can replicate the better behaviour to pin point whether I have a faulty sensor somewhere.

Thanks,

33 minutes ago, DickP said:

Hi,

I am investigating what I think is a fault and is documented by other users to do with a strange engine behaviour on pulling away / drive take up.  The car behaved as I would expect it to for a few days last week which leads me to tink there may be a metering fault causing the behaviour.

Does anyone know whether the engine will run okay with items such as the air flow meter disconnected?

I appreciate it may develop a fault code, but I am able to clear that with Forscan.  It's a process of elimination I want to start to see if I can replicate the better behaviour to pin point whether I have a faulty sensor somewhere.

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure you can disconnect the MAF sensor without issue, I've done iot myself. Like you say it'll probably throw up a fault, and the car's brain (ECU) will guess the air intake instead of using the sensor's information.