Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should the Fiesta MK8 "2x open hatch" do anything?

Tobi
聽Share

Todays silly question:

Is the "2x open hatch" icon on the remote supposed to do anything of interest?

If I single-press the icon, the hatch unlocks, but stays put. If I double-press, the hatch unlocks and appears to be open a quarter of an inch more. Seems pretty useless 馃檪 Would the expected behavior be that the hatch opens completely or is that an extra accessory?

imagen2.dll.jpg

all the 2x press does is unlock the tailgate and open it a little bit. It saves unlocking the car and then having to fish around for the boot release button on the car.聽
I don't think any fiesta's have an automatic tailgate function. Usually they are only found on expensive marques or very high-end vehicles.聽

Thanks, Nick. That's all I wanted to hear 馃檪 I've had a few weird issues that kept me going back to the dealership to get it fixed under warranty, so I was a bit on the edge if this was another thing. Cheers 馃檪

I live in Finland where is deep winter now. My tailgate button is frozen and covered by snow. The double press to unlock is valuable in this situation 馃檪

• Like 1

That's a good point I as a fellow northerner can appreciate, Jeipii 馃檪

Just as a warning ....

when I got my fiesta last year the first time I went (from Newcastle) to visit my daughter in Edinburgh I discovered this 2x press for the boot.

I don't use it any more as it was too expensive!

A short while after arrival I went out to the car to get some tools from the boot. Opened it with the 2x press, sorted through the toolbox to retrieve what I wanted then shut the boot to go into the house.聽 This was when I realised I had put the key fob down in the boot when rummaging for the tools.
No way I could re-open the car! Spare key was at home!
My only option was to get the train back for the spare key and train back up in the morning.

So .... warning ..... open with 2x press but DON'T PUT THE KEY DOWN !

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, offthewall said:

Just as a warning ....

when I got my fiesta last year the first time I went (from Newcastle) to visit my daughter in Edinburgh I discovered this 2x press for the boot.

I don't use it any more as it was too expensive!

A short while after arrival I went out to the car to get some tools from the boot. Opened it with the 2x press, sorted through the toolbox to retrieve what I wanted then shut the boot to go into the house.聽 This was when I realised I had put the key fob down in the boot when rummaging for the tools.
No way I could re-open the car! Spare key was at home!
My only option was to get the train back for the spare key and train back up in the morning.

So .... warning ..... open with 2x press but DON'T PUT THE KEY DOWN !

Thanks for the heads up and reminder of how easy it is to do this ... I'm always so paranoid about where the key is in case this happens.

When I had my last car, an A3, the Mrs managed to press the keyfob lock button, then drop it on the seat, shut the front door to get the baby out of the back and the car locked as soon as the door shut.

Queue a rather quick drive by me from home with the spare key (whilst the baby slept peacfully).聽 Luckily I was only 10 minutes away.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club