Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus diesel additive

Jo Nathan

Hello.
My 2006 C-Max apparently needs refilling with fuel additive. Disappointingly the cheapest 5 Litre refill kit is over £300.00. Kim Kardashian's second hand bathwater doesn't even cost that much.
Could someone please tell me if there is an alternative apart from driving my car off Beachy Head? Many thanks. J

Wow...where are you buying that Eolys Fluid!?  Ford themselves!? :laugh: 

5 litres of PAT fluid is around £130.  Though the additive tank is only about 2 litres anyway.  So you really only need to buy a litre or two for sub £50 unless you're planning on keeping the car for another 75k+.

Hiya. I had this issue earlier this year. It was really confusing and took a bit of research to get the right answer. Basicly the stuff you get from Ford is crazy expensive and way more than you would ever need for the cars life. The way round this is to buy the alternative additive. I got mine off eBay and think it was around £30 per litre (might of been a bit less). I was given so much diss-information and really thought I had to spend a bomb to get the stuff from Ford. If I can help anymore please do say. I can look at what I bought from evay if you wish?

2 hours ago, guy woodbridge said:

Hiya. I had this issue earlier this year. It was really confusing and took a bit of research to get the right answer. Basicly the stuff you get from Ford is crazy expensive and way more than you would ever need for the cars life. The way round this is to buy the alternative additive. I got mine off ebay and think it was around £30 per litre (might of been a bit less). I was given so much diss-information and really thought I had to spend a bomb to get the stuff from Ford. If I can help anymore please do say. I can look at what I bought from evay if you wish?

Hi, my 2014 estate has just hit 104,000 so I'm suspecting I may need to look into this myself before too long.

Would you be so kind as to put a link up for what you bought?

Also, how will I know when it's low/run out, does it flash up on the dash?

Cheers.

12 hours ago, Peloquin138 said:

Hi, my 2014 estate has just hit 104,000 so I'm suspecting I may need to look into this myself before too long.

Would you be so kind as to put a link up for what you bought?

Also, how will I know when it's low/run out, does it flash up on the dash?

Cheers.

Yours doesn't use additive.  The additive DPFs never did work properly, they were phased out on the Focus around 2009 in favour of the much more robust coated DPFs.  

The DPF will still eventually fill up with ash and require cleaning or replacement, but as it's totally dependant on how the car has been driven over it's lifetime, there is no set time or distance for this.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yours doesn't use additive.  The additive DPFs never did work properly, they were phased out on the Focus around 2009 in favour of the much more robust coated DPFs.  

The DPF will still eventually fill up with ash and require cleaning or replacement, but as it's totally dependant on how the car has been driven over it's lifetime, there is no set time or distance for this.

Oh right, that's great. Thanks for the help.