Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Rubber filler/waterproof putty...Is there such thing.

jace1969

Had Genuine reverse camera on car from new,fitted after market one as Genuine one broke and need some putty/filler as new one is longer that i have cut but not as wide

so i have a gap on the Hatch panel.....Need it to seal and waterproof/act on the same base as a Glue to hold it just that bit better but can be pulled off if needed to replace camera.

Do they make such stuff at a decent price if they do,on the same principle as Gaffa tape as its waterproof and can just peel of but i need putty type to push into the Gap.

I used Butyl rubber gutter sealant to seal the bumper vents, not sure if that's the sort of thing you're after?

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I used Butyl rubber gutter sealant to seal the bumper vents, not sure if that's the sort of thing you're after?

You could be onto something there,i bet you its a tube aint it on a gun as this is a very small area to get into so need it like a blue tack stuff,to be honest im using white tack now

as it fits in tight'ish the camera does but i need to put a small amount of paint to cover it as i have done with this white tack stuff for the time.

Silicone sealant will do the job you can get it in small tubes.

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

Silicone sealant will do the job you can get it in small tubes.

Cheers for the replies,will look on eBay for some stuff as i have only ever seen the large tubes.

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Sugru

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Is that not a bit more permanent?

Is that not a bit more permanent?
It sets like rubber but can be pulled out just as essily as silicone.
I love the stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Going to try that Sugru as it seems what i need,my be a stupid thing to ask but can you paint onto it like touch up pen,i guess not.

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

Going to try that Sugru as it seems what i need,my be a stupid thing to ask but can you paint onto it like touch up pen,i guess not.

Just use the colour that's closest to you car.

You bet me to it,was going to edit and put Black as my car is dark blue (biro blue,,) I think ford calls it,anyway ordered me a pack of 3.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 1/18/2019 at 7:11 AM, jace1969 said:

Sugru is a silicone based product so may not paint correctly.

You can mix colours together to try and get a shade close to what you want. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Micro said:

Sugru is a silicone based product so may not paint correctly.

You can mix colours together to try and get a shade close to what you want. 

I will see what i can do,it aint the best of jobs but as long as it seals it and looks at least ok it will do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club