Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Samsung S8000 Jet Bluetooth Compatibility

LauraJane

...this my first post! Hello!!

I am buying my first Ford Fiesta Zetec 2moz and i am trying to find out if my mobile phone (Samsung S8000 Jet) is compatible with the bluetooth built into the car????

I have checked the Ford website but id like to know what works and what (if anything..) doesn’t work?

Many Thanks :)

hi i can only speak from my experience with my old tocco ultra and the bluetooth in my focus you could use the phone ok to make and recieve calls but when you list up the phone book it had no names just numbers i don't know if your like me but i always use the names in the phone book so i changed my phone for a sony erricsson and it works perfectly with my focus and also with my new fiestas bluetooth names and numbers last calls redial etc hope this helps a bit :D

Hey Welcome to FOC

Your phone will definitely work to certain extent, dont worry about that

But some feature may not as posted above.

Brand new Samsung Jet, bluetooth v2+

You'll be fine

Thanks for both of your replies!!!

Rogue_Shadow.....do you have a Samsung Jet? Do you know what will and wont work?

Im just hoping to make and recieve calls using the car rather than having to use the phone at all! Im not too fussed about all the voice activation etc!

Thanks for your help :)

Hi Laura Jane and welcome

I am pretty sure that your Samsung will work fine with the Fiesta Audio Unit.

I have just bought a Samsung Tocco Light and it connects via bluetooth to the car no probs.

Once connected you can then use voice activation via the left stalk once you have told the car your contacts and numbers. This takes a bit of time because the car has to recognise your voice so it can dial for you - Ive just put in the numbers i am likely to call when on the move.

Otherwise you can access all your contact list on the Samsung via the centre screen menu and buttons once you have bonded your phone to the car - I think you have to have your contacts saved to the phone not just on the sim card though.

Hope this helps

Kev

Hi LauraJane

I've got a Samsung Jet and ZS with bluetooth. Just been to check whether they work together. They seem to recognise and work together OK. The only problem I found is that the contacts saved on my phone (not SIM card), appeared as numbers only, no names. Haven't tried the voice activation so can't offer any advice on that one.

Steve

Hi LauraJane

I've got a Samsung Jet and ZS with Bluetooth. Just been to check whether they work together. They seem to recognise and work together OK. The only problem I found is that the contacts saved on my phone (not SIM card), appeared as numbers only, no names. Haven't tried the voice activation so can't offer any advice on that one.

Steve

My wife and I both have Tocco's, bought at the same time, exactly the same set up but mine shows the names and the wife only shows the numbers for some strange reason. Gave up trying to work out the reasons.

• 7 months later...

I have a tocco light, i cant seem to get mine to work. after i have entered the the bluetooth key code it says "now bonded to..." then if i go the the phone and type in a no. the system seem to kick my phone off. i have gone and looked at the phone settings and it all seems to be right. if anyone could help me solve this problem i would be very greatful. Thanks :huh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club