Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

ford fiesta brake problem

CarlThePlasterer

I have a 2017 fiesta zetec 1.0 ecoboost auto and i have a brake problem that i've been unable to diagnose.
basically when the brakes are applied there is an intermittent squeak/rubbing....cars been in garage, brakes checked out fine, suspensions been checked and fine along with some other stuff as well

The garage has done everything to try and find what the cause is but even they are at a loss also.....can anyone PLEASE help and give me some idea of what could be causing my issue?
tia

Probably when the brake pad "ears?" rub on the metal clips holding them in. Usually a quick strip down, clean, and new copperslip applied limps them along. The pad can sometimes rub on the lip on the brake disk, you can easily remove that by turning the wheels around (I'd use the engine running in first gear to do that, but not everyone will be so keen) and running a grinder over the lip. Maybe even take some rough emery paper and give the pads a quick once over to toughen them up if they have gone shiny.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club