Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie needing help knocking and smoking no fault codes

Rossymondeo

Hi newbie here and have a problem that's widely covered but need help, I have a mondeo 2L tdci 2002 hatchback and am having problems with smoking and knocking (especially knocking on acceleration) cleared fault codes of previous with f-super mk2, smokes a lil on ilde but when driving/hitting boost/on throttle its knocking and looks like white smoke but could only test drive up Rd once as bought the car cheap so no mot or tax as of yet, so dunno if I not driving long enough to input a code but idle seems to rev and still get smoke but no knocking until driving/hitting boost and any help much appreciated, any extra info needed to help I can give, at witts end confused me 

Might just need a set of glowplugs, try warming it up for a while before taking it down the road, I know the pain of not being able to test drive due to no tax/insurance on a cheap car lol.

Injectors are the next thing I'd look into, especially on this engine.

Thanks I will try have a look this week coming and report bk, I no injectors are a big problem with this engine but I had no codes relating to them but I've always let it warm up especially in this weather at mo to get car warm engine wise and inside haha