Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK 8 Engine Cover

nashdm2

1.0 Ecoboost 140 bhp. Should this engine have a cover over it as most of the cars I have seen dont seem to have one?

No, not fitted on the Fiesta but can be fitted with a bit of trimming apparently. If you have a search there are a couple of threads on the forum which have more detail on this. 

Was toying with fitting one myself to keep leaves etc off (my car is parked near a lot of trees) but not really sure if it's worth it.

I've just bought 1 for my 140 - had 1 fitted to my previous 125 and think it's worth having - looks neater under the bonnet and as the cover is a thick rubber (not plastic) it deadens the noisy engine a little 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks Eric, appreciated. If I have to buy a cover then trim it to fit my car then thats a show stopper. Thanks anyway.

Was it one specifically for your car or did you have to do what Eric is suggesting please?

Hi All

If you go to page 3 of this forum I have put some photos there of the trimming required.

Thanks, read the other thread but still unsure what needs trimming off. Can you help any further please?

Hi Dave

Hope this helps.

Basically it requires part of the right hand pointed bit trimming down to go under the air filter trunking.

You need to cut straight down 15mm from the centre of the vee all the way down to within 25mm of the base. You could cut all the way down it wouldn't make any difference.

When you do this it will leave a hole as it cuts into the internal structure. This doesn't matter as the trunking covers it. I just stuck some 1mm rubber sheet over the cut end just to tart it up a bit.

20190127_132647.jpg

20190127_132658.jpg

Well fitted my cover to the new car today and i had to cut some off the end to make it fit (last car - 67 plate didn't need any trimming?) = i didn't cut quite as much off as JSK so didn't need to cover a hole but i did cut all the way down and it's a perfect fit

Thanks Gents, thats a lot clearer now. Does anybody know the part number for this cover please?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club