Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next problem

BugCo22
聽Share

Ok so the car is 2.0 tdci, she is quite smoky on first start up. I think that will be the bigger of my problems 馃槥 but when I have the fan on in the car I can smell fumes. It's more noticeable at slower speeds or stop/starts. It's smells different to the exhaust though. Any ideas as to usual culprit??

Could be a few things, split turbo hose, split inter cooler hose, leaking exhasust manifold.

open the bonnet up and have a look for any misting of oil, or any visible fumes after start up coming from anywhere.

i had a similar thing with my old focus, and it was the flexible exhaust joint.

Ah yes, that has just reminded me, I was under the car聽looking the other day and noticed what looked like an oil slick that's run down the engine at the back, drivers side. I might have to investigate the source and fix 2 probs at once 馃檪 I'm guessing any work on the back is going to be a pig of a job 馃槥

Yeah true lol. I think this problem is the PCV valve. I was trying to test it before, doing it wrong aswell. Firstly I broke the yellow clip holding it on and secondly I forgot to plug it back on 馃槙 but I've noticed there is oil sprayed out the back of it all over the bulkhead. I suspected the valve already and have bought another manifold, also need a new hose now too. Could extra oil sprayed into inlet cause a smoky startup ?? That's my next issue lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club