Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3.5 ST- line....Will Mondeo ST220 wheels fit ?

Popmonkey69

Looking to change the wheels on my 2017 ST-line Estate from the standard 17" to something better looking.

I like the look of the 18" Zetec S wheels/appearance pack wheels but they're a bit pricey...

Mondeo ST220 wheels look nice and can be had for a decent price, but will they fit ?

PCD is the same, centre bore the same,  Focus is 7" width and offset ET50 vs Mondeo 7.5" width and offset ET52.5

Assuming they would fit as the MK3.5 ST wheels are 8" width and offset ET55

As wheel offset is understood but the effect of increase/decrease is less understood by myself the question had to be asked !

Cheers for any help boys and girls.....

Jody

This might help explain it all to you.🙂

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/wheel-width-and-et-offset-explained

As a Mondeo ST owner previously I would stay clear of those alloys if they are still diamond cut although I can't imagine there are many left with the original finish.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, WES180 said:

This might help explain it all to you.🙂

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/wheel-width-and-et-offset-explained

As a Mondeo ST owner previously I would stay clear of those alloys if they are still diamond cut although I can't imagine there are many left with the original finish.

Is the original factory finish bad for corroding?

9 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Is the original factory finish bad for corroding?

It was horrendous! Mine needed a refurb after only 2yrs from new. It was because of the diamond cut finish, the slightest stone chip and it let moisture in behind the lacquer which worked it's way along like a worm at first. Eventually big sections just looked scabby. I had mine machine polished with painted sections between the spokes but they didn't look as good with the softer edge compared to the crisp diamond cut edge.

This is what happens -

Screenshot_20190219-203022_Gallery.jpg

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, WES180 said:

It was horrendous! Mine needed a refurb after only 2yrs from new. It was because of the diamond cut finish, the slightest stone chip and it let moisture in behind the lacquer which worked it's way along like a worm at first. Eventually big sections just looked scabby. I had mine machine polished with painted sections between the spokes but they didn't look as good with the softer edge compared to the crisp diamond cut edge.

This is what happens -

Screenshot_20190219-203022_Gallery.jpg

WTF, that's awful.  At least the car was better than the alloy wheels! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club