bigbill

Etis diagnostic software

I recently downloaded the diagnostic software available on etis 

But can't get the software to connect to the car when ever I try it says vci device not found 

I have an elm 327 which runs forscan ok

So is this the right cable to use and has anybody used this software as I belive it checks the cars software and updates any required  

Can you post a link to the software? I could only think of Fords IDS, but that shouldn't be on ETIS as far as I can tell.

Either way your modified Elm327 wont work with it. Forscan, FoCCCus etc. are all aftermarket software designed by regular people. In order to run IDS you need the proper VCM. You can get Chinese copy ones from Ebay for around £100, but I cant comment on how well they work. A proper IDS system is at least £500 from what I can remember (could be wrong here).

Elm 327 definatly won't work as you found out. You need a device that conforms to iso 2290 and sae  j2534-2 

Cheers for the reply just realised post in wrong section but thought as much cheers 

30 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Can you post a link to the software? I could only think of Fords IDS, but that shouldn't be on ETIS as far as I can tell.

Either way your modified Elm327 wont work with it. Forscan, FoCCCus etc. are all aftermarket software designed by regular people. In order to run IDS you need the proper VCM. You can get Chinese copy ones from Ebay for around £100, but I cant comment on how well they work. A proper IDS system is at least £500 from what I can remember (could be wrong here).

When you load up etis it's in vehicle then vehicle software just seen says need 

J2534-2 VCI cable I may have one so never know 

Your in fdrs . Even with a correct vci device , you would need to pay for each software update .