Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

T - Cut ?

Ian Lanc

Well I've just got a new bottle of T - Cut, the stuff in the red plaggy bottle and it just isn't the same, it's very very thick - it's smells different - colour is slightly different.

First time I've had to buy some more, my last huge bottle had ran out after 30 years of polishing up cars!

What can I use to thin it down slightly ? It's like blancmange and having to squeeze the bottle to get it out. 

I cant believe in times where there has never been more modern and advanced paint care products on the market, that people still buy t-cut that literally hasn't been brought up to date in decades lol.

• Like 1

I've still got a bottle of scratchy t cut in my garage. Can't imagine how old it is, sat next to a tin of Wynn's engine flush and that's 1980's vintage. 

I have used it now and again clean up many a dull car. But I suppose there are better cutters out there 

10 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I cant believe in times where there has never been more modern and advanced paint care products on the market, that people still buy t-cut that literally hasn't been brought up to date in decades lol.

I was thinking this as well lol.  We are creatures of habit though...  I'll probably still be using SRP in 30 years time... :laugh: 

Could probably be a new formula which might of changed the consistency of it. 

I'd agree though there's a lot of new products out there now which can probably do the job without cutting so much into the clear coat. Only thing I could think of for T-cut is removing paint transfer. One of my neighbours who sadly now has passed away her grand daughter came to her house then came to my house asking for some polish. Someone had hit her car whilst parked and left paint transfer on the side. I got either T-cut or a scratch remover and luckily that managed to take the paint transfer off. 

If you want to remove scratches (excluding deep ones) you can get a machine polisher and a compound or polish. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club