Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st problem - and poor dealer

robbyvrs

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Funny thing is most of the time the bonnet is open so you get an hour's viewing of that. Lol.

We chat alot at work and some things I don't think you would want to listen too. And worst of all is radio 2 being listened to in the workshop  by us rough techs . The stuff Jeremy vine discusses is enough to switch dash cams off!! 

Radio 2?  That says a lot about the average age in your workshop. :tongue:     

On topic though, I've had a dashcam for 5 years and never disabled it for garage visits, though I only really use them for MOT, tracking or air con.  Can't say ever watched the footage back lol.

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Funny thing is most of the time the bonnet is open so you get an hour's viewing of that. Lol.

We chat alot at work and some things I don't think you would want to listen too. And worst of all is radio 2 being listened to in the workshop  by us rough techs . The stuff Jeremy vine discusses is enough to switch dash cams off!! 

How can you listen to Jeremy Vine without throwing tools at the radio? Actually that would be worth watching dashcam footage of 🤣

Jeremy Vine picks a contentious subject and then invites opinionated uninformed people to call in and give their thoughts on the matter...

9 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I would unplug a dashcam or not want to be filmed while I was working. It is like your employer filming you at work without you knowing in a way.

I don't think it is right to covertly spy on people, watch the playback and scrutinise exactly what is going on.

Just my opinion.

They would be aware of the camera as it's stuck to the windscreen not hidden

It's not to record them working it's facing the road not inside the car or under the bonnet *which would be open whilst being worked on so blocking the view anyway)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

They would be aware of the camera as it's stuck to the windscreen not hidden

It's not to record them working it's facing the road not inside the car or under the bonnet *which would be open whilst being worked on so blocking the view anyway)

Sorry, I thought you mentioned putting one in the rear of the car and facing it forward, hoping they didn't notice it.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

We have a large age range from 21 to 70plus. Difficult to please everyone, so easiest if no one is pleased. Lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iantt said:

We have a large age range from 21 to 70plus. Difficult to please everyone, so easiest if no one is pleased. Lol 

Haha, that is the best type of compromise tbf! :laugh: 

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Haha, that is the best type of compromise tbf! :laugh: 

Yep, and before you say it I'm not the 70plus one!! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Sorry, I thought you mentioned putting one in the rear of the car and facing it forward, hoping they didn't notice it.

I mentioned the next time it goes in i might fit my old dash cam in the rear to watch them unplug the dashcam then see what really goes on

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

erm - i listen to Radio 2 (now that chris evans has gone)  :unsure:

• Like 1

I too have a camera in my works van, supposedly used in the event of an accident, it’s wifi, so it can be accessed remotely with a mic to record sound, it’s supposed to only be accessed in the event of an accident/incident, and they have to ask your permission, not sure how they would stand with the privacy laws, if they just logged on to watch/hear when you are driving, also we have half an hour where we aren’t paid at the beginning and end of your day, plus half an hour lunch, so technically this is private, big brother is well and truly here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club