Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window not going down

zain611

Hey guys so 2 days ago I had the driver side window down when driving. Went to my grans quickly go out then in the car. When I put the window up I heard a click sort of sound. Now when I press the down button I can hear the motor moving but the window isn't moving. Could that be the regulator? Would be annoying as I changed it around a year ago. Someone had damaged a little of the plastic bit (which doesn't hold anything) but I'd hear it rattle against the glass when the window is down and I close the door. 

You'll have to whip the door card off and have a look really.  If you push the window down while pressing the button, can you move it?  If no, the regulator isn't moving and needs repair/replacement.  If yes, it may just be a broken clip that holds the glass to the reg.

• Like 1

Sounds like it could be your regulator, or maybe just plastic tooth from the motor has broken off?

• Like 1

Gonna have to see then. My dad thinks the cable snapped but can't tell until I take the door card off again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, Fiesta1.25 said:

Sounds like it could be your regulator, or maybe just plastic tooth from the motor has broken off?

You were right. Just opened the door and took off the motor and the tooth broke apart from the bottom 😤. Had the new regulator ready but now have to find a motor. So regulator is good just the motor. 

Something else I'd like to ask you both is when someone presses the passenger window switch the window doesn't go down but works with the driver side switch. Would you say I need a new passenger window switch? 

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

cool glad to hear you located the problem 👍 I might have a spare one if you’re interested  I’ll check tomorrow also I reckon I have a spare window switch too

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

cool glad to hear you located the problem 👍 I might have a spare one if you’re interested  I’ll check tomorrow also I reckon I have a spare window switch too

Cool might ask you if you are able to find it. It's a mk6 fiesta so might be a difference between the mk6 and 7. I think also it might be different between 3 to 5 doors 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 11:29 AM, zain611 said:

Hey guys so 2 days ago I had the driver side window down when driving. Went to my grans quickly go out then in the car. When I put the window up I heard a click sort of sound. Now when I press the down button I can hear the motor moving but the window isn't moving. Could that be the regulator? Would be annoying as I changed it around a year ago. Someone had damaged a little of the plastic bit (which doesn't hold anything) but I'd hear it rattle against the glass when the window is down and I close the door. 

I have a Ford focus 2012 and the drivers window will intermittently not go up. Any ideas

Intermittent faults usually point to the wiring, so first thing is check would be the connector into the window switch and maybe even the window motor connection?

I have I think the same problem with my passenger switch. It doesn't make the window go up but is able to go down. It works normally from the driver side switch. I bought a second hand switch and will update how it goes. 

So fitted the new window motor and it now works 😊. I bought a second hand passenger window switch also and that's works now 👍

DSC_0114.JPG

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Very productive day then! :biggrin: 

Yep did a few things on the car including changing the reverse camera to a new one which claims to have a Sony chip on it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club