Do Not Sell My Personal Information

REMAP suggestions

Ken2869

Hello everyone. I’ve a 1.0 ecoboost fiesta and was wondering what would be the best options for remapping and the costs of one as well from a dealership as I was considering a CelticTuning Remap bring my car from 98BHP to 158BHP which is amazing but is it safe in terms could the engine handle it ?

Thanks Ken 

Engine will handle it fine, a proper remap you won't know the figures until it has been done, I've seen a stage  1 remap take a 1.0 EcoBoost to 165bhp, I know the gearbox is a rather limiting factor on the 1.0

The gearbox is already pushed to its limit (and a little beyond) at 140ps...

Thanks for the help it has really put my mind at ease for remapping the car and can’t wait ! 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:04 AM, Ken2869 said:

Hello everyone. I’ve a 1.0 ecoboost fiesta and was wondering what would be the best options for remapping and the costs of one as well from a dealership as I was considering a CelticTuning Remap bring my car from 98BHP to 158BHP which is amazing but is it safe in terms could the engine handle it ?

Thanks Ken 

Hi, I think them gains they’ve gave you are unrealistic maybe 98BHP to 120BHP (max). I’ve seen a 1.0 ecoboost with 175BHP but that was the 138 standard and he had an induction kit on. 

Matt.

2 minutes ago, MattB95 said:

Hi, I think them gains they’ve gave you are unrealistic maybe 98BHP to 120BHP (max). I’ve seen a 1.0 ecoboost with 175BHP but that was the 138 standard and he had an induction kit on. 

Matt.

I've seen posts on  here stating all 3 variants (100, 125, 140bhp) have the same engine using different maps from factory so all 3 should produce the same figures when remapped.

160-165 seems to be what most companies claim so the quoted 158 seem realistic

I did read the 140 model has different gear ratios to the other 2

I asked this a few weeks ago and people said it would be alright I am looking to do it with superchips which will take it to 155hp from the 99hp EB 

Go get it and enjoy yourself!

On 3/25/2019 at 12:09 AM, robbyvrs said:

I've seen posts on  here stating all 3 variants (100, 125, 140bhp) have the same engine using different maps from factory so all 3 should produce the same figures when remapped.

I did read the 140 model has different gear ratios to the other 2

There are some differences in the variants and these vary by build date. 

Until late 2014 / early 2015 the 125 and 140 had the same turbo. After then the 100 and 125 have the same turbo. The 140 had a thicker head gasket to reduce the compression marginally to permit the map to produce more boost. Obviously the 3 maps differ. 

The 140 has a lower final drive ratio gearbox. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club