Mookev

2016 fiesta ecoboost 1.0 100 titanium battery charging

As I use my fiesta for shortish journeys, I would like to occasionally trickle charge the battery using a low power simple 0.8A maypole charger, originally for 12v motorcycle batteries. 

Do I need a special charger or will this suffice just to slowly top it up? 

Are there any precautions before charging and do I need to disconnect the battery each time? 

Thanks in advance of your advice. 

if thats the smart charger then its fine,  no you don't disconnect the battery , just the normal battery charging precautions ventilated space i presume you battery is a sealed unit.

It's an EFB sealed battery. Not a smart charger, just a low current one originally designed for motorcycles. Max output 0.8A at 12v

Your better off with a smart charger but as long as you keep an eye on the charging you will beok with what you've got 

How short of a journey are we talking here? We have transit vans that only do less than 2 miles before switching the engine off and never had any starting issues.

If you really do that short of a journey then I wish your engine good look in the years to come!