Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 1.0 140 Torque

DG97

Hi, does anyone know what torque the 1.0 140 generates in the MK8’s? When I bought the car, the brochure said 180nm, now it says 180nm (210nm) - does that mean it has some overboost? I have also seen the 210nm quoted elsewhere. The same applies for the 125PS engine which quotes 170nm and then 200nm in some other places. 

Fiesta MK7 and/or MK7,5 has 180NM, and 210NM in overboost.
MK8 has 180NM.

Sendt fra min SM-G975F med Tapatalk

14 hours ago, DG97 said:

the brochure said 180nm, now it says 180nm (210nm

Ford brochures seem to be in a bit of a mess at the mo. There used to be a note explaining that the bracketed figure was with overboost, in the latest version it is just as you mention, but afaik the 210nm is still the overboost figure.

The Mk 8 6 speed gearbox is now rated at 215nm so should cope better than the old 5 speed without breaking😀

(Edit: PS - in Autocar's review of the Fiesta, they mention it produces up to 155lbs/ft of torque on overboost, which corresponds to 210nm.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ford brochures seem to be in a bit of a mess at the mo. There used to be a note explaining that the bracketed figure was with overboost, in the latest version it is just as you mention, but afaik the 210nm is still the overboost figure.

The Mk 8 6 speed gearbox is now rated at 215nm so should cope better than the old 5 speed without breaking😀

(Edit: PS - in Autocar's review of the Fiesta, they mention it produces up to 155lbs/ft of torque on overboost, which corresponds to 210nm.)

The brochures always seem to have something wrong with them 😄 surely it can't be that hard to get it right... 

With the overboost at 210nm, I am actually quite happy with the output produced by the engine, given it's so close to the 215nm gearbox rating. 

Yes, i've seen a few other reviews etc saying the output is up to 210nm then others state 180nm which is where the bit of confusion arose, interesting that some of the remapping places on the torque curves only go up to 180nm though... 

4 hours ago, DG97 said:

interesting that some of the remapping places on the torque curves only go up to 180nm though... 

Yes, I've noticed that. I can see from their point of view there might be advantage in using the base figure, rather than the transient overboost value - makes the increase from the remap look better. If you look at the power curve graphs they often provide, the quoted maximum increase is not necessarily from the max ps or torque value on the standard car, but at whichever point in the rev range where the difference between the standard and re-mapped curve is greatest.

A further confusion - I recall the Mk 7.5 ST being listed as 200ps in the US whereas it was 180 in Europe. I believe US law allowed them to use the overboost value while European rules meant the base figure had to be used.

Under what conditions is overboost turned on, and how long does it last?

4 hours ago, Jonson said:

Under what conditions is overboost turned on, and how long does it last?

Difficult to find a definitive answer on this one - when Ford do mention it in any literature they are very vague. 

My understanding is it activates on full throttle for up to 30 seconds, but I have seen 15 or 20 seconds mentioned.

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Difficult to find a definitive answer on this one - when Ford do mention it in any literature they are very vague. 

My understanding is it activates on full throttle for up to 30 seconds, but I have seen 15 or 20 seconds mentioned.

When i bought my ST2 back in 2014 the dealer told me overboost came on at WOT (wide open throttle) for 17 seconds taking power from 180bhp to 197bhp

Does the MK8 1.0 have overboost?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

When i bought my ST2 back in 2014 the dealer told me overboost came on at WOT (wide open throttle) for 17 seconds taking power from 180bhp to 197bhp

Does the MK8 1.0 have overboost?

17 secs sounds very precise! Whatever it is, it's difficult nowadays to hold WOT for more than a few secs without needing to change up/break the speed limit/run into the vehicle in front!😀

Difficult to find definitive story on the 1.0 - Ford used to make a big thing of it when the ecoboost first came out, maybe it's "old hat" now? As noted earlier, the brochure implies it's there ( 180(210) ), Autocar certainly think so, and I can't see Ford splashing out on the stronger box if the feature has been deleted on the Mk 8.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club