Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ariels

WelshAde

Has anyone replaced the standard ariel, im tempted to change mine, its too long imo.

Ive seen threads about the richbrook sabres and ive seen them on eBay but ive not seen one fitted to a car or heard comments about them, so if you have one on lets hear about them please.

A few people on here have fitted them. The only complain I've heard is that the reception is worse...

hmm mixed reports then, id like to see actual pics of one fitted before i take the plunge

hmm mixed reports then, id like to see actual pics of one fitted before i take the plunge

I think the afterstock arials loom cheap and tacky, so i just trimmed my arial that was on the car, heres a picture so you can see what it looks like.

Fiesta31.jpg

I think the afterstock arials loom cheap and tacky, so i just trimmed my arial that was on the car, heres a picture so you can see what it looks like.

Fiesta31.jpg

thats exactly the effect i want, how did you do that? detailed instructions please matey

i put a smaller one non that richbrook ones i think it is... looks better but the signal for 'lesser channels' is at times but i hardly ever use the radio anyway so dont matter too me

ive sorted it now, i heated the end up a bit, popped it off, cut it to the desired size and popped the end back on...ooo matron

ive sorted it now, i heated the end up a bit, popped it off, cut it to the desired size and popped the end back on...ooo matron

Im sure i put this tip in another thread at some point, question is, does it affect the reception as i listen to a lot of radio? :lol:

no, my radio reception is just as rubbish as it was before :ph34r:

its fine, radio one is not that good around here, but all others are great. Works a treat, looks much better, sportier i reckon

Thanks,

May have to give this a try myself as i hate the long aerial, but also think the wee tiny ones will look rather silly :(

its not tiny now, just half the size of the yard stick that flaps about on top of the car when you buy it.

its not tiny now, just half the size of the yard stick that flaps about on top of the car when you buy it.

Sorry im only back on now, but sounds like you got it sorted any way lol. I put the end in boiling water for a few mins, the same steps you did, looks really well & doesn't cost anything. Mint! ;)

"Welshade" - I still can believe how good that aerial looks, how much did you take off, exactly half way measured or just a random guess?

everything random, just cut about 7-8 inch off it

I tried this today but no matter how long i left the tip in boiling water it would not budge :(

What i did was boil a small sausepan of water and held it in there for a bit as it was boiling , pulling it out and prising it off bit by bit, it is stubborn but it did come off in the end.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club