Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Maps Update

Muldy29

Hello, I have been trying to update my maps since I got my Fiesta 16 days ago, Finally I got the 25GB download and have it on a usb stick, have installed it over several trips and got an installation complete message this morning.  But now I am missing some streets, I have the main roads, but not the little roads.  As shown in the image below, is there a way to reinstall the same update?

Will this help?

Thanks in advance

thumbnail.jpg

When you say you are missing the little roads, do you mean the names or the roads themselves?

also, ‘installed it over several trips’ - what do you mean? Did you do short journeys and keep stop starting the car? You need to do the install in one go, aprox 90mins start to finish. Stop starting the update will cause issues and I still likely to be your problem, reinstall the update in one go. I did mine while it was on the drive, I left the engine running and washed the car while it didn’t it.

• Thanks 1

Its a 1 litre ecoboost, will leaving it running while stationary cause any problems with the turbo.  I will be doing a long drive in a few weeks, would i still be able to use android auto connection while the update is running?

No, shouldn’t cause it any problems at all. Mine is a tdci and I had no issues.

you can still use AA and all the other media functions, (apart from Nav) you do have to cycle the ignition half way through so you will need to do a quick pit stop during the journey.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So Im back, when i put the stick back in, it installed for just 5 mins then told me to remove USB stick and restart, will not let me reinstall the map at all.

So i did a Master System Reset and have all street names back, but for a couple of miles it showed Sirius XM instead of DAB, it has now reverted to DAB.

All the version numbers are the same in the settings screen. do i just upload the xml file and let fords website sort it out?

4 hours ago, Muldy29 said:

So Im back, when i put the stick back in, it installed for just 5 mins then told me to remove USB stick and restart, will not let me reinstall the map at all.

So i did a Master System Reset and have all street names back, but for a couple of miles it showed Sirius XM instead of DAB, it has now reverted to DAB.

All the version numbers are the same in the settings screen. do i just upload the xml file and let fords website sort it out?

If your map versions are F8, then you have the latest maps installed, at which point, yes upload the xml file. 

If you’re on anything other than F8 then you’ll need to try the download/install again. 

As far as i’m aware though I could be wrong, a master reset doesn’t go back in map versions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DG97 said:

If your map versions are F8, then you have the latest maps installed, at which point, yes upload the xml file. 

If you’re on anything other than F8 then you’ll need to try the download/install again. 

As far as i’m aware though I could be wrong, a master reset doesn’t go back in map versions. 

Perfect It says F8 and after uploading the XML file, it now says I am fully up to date

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club