Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Key Fob.

Tappet

Has anyone heard about the new key fob Ford have brought out.(Ford launches new keyless fob to combat relay attacks) by all accounts they are available at ford dealers for the Fiesta and Focus. The new fob is equipped with a motion sensor that detects when the key has been stationary for more than 40 secs  I found the info on MSN.com/en-gb/cars/news and they are supposed to be supplied as standard with new Fiesta's and Focus also you can purchase a new fob for £65 for Fiesta and £72 for Focus and takes just under an hour to install probably extra charges for that any way I shall be down to my local Ford dealer to inquire.

It is in the news section of this site.

Be interested in what others think of the costs for the upgrade - I thought it a bit cheeky to charge what will no doubt end up as the thick end of £200 for security that should be there in the first place. I'll probably stick with a steering wheel lock and keeping the keys in a tin😀

• Like 1

Hi Roger, Yes it's in the news section, I shall go down to the local Ford dealer Trustford in Barnsley and see what they have to say will let you know the cost.

Regards Rod.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Tappet said:

Trustford in Barnsley 

Thanks, will be interested to see how you go on. Was that formerly Polar? Bought my first new Fiesta from there in 1980!

33 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Was that formerly Polar? Bought my first new Fiesta from there in 1980!

Yes, I believe it was. On Wakefield road (A61) just up from the Renault dealership. 

12 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Yes, I believe it was. On Wakefield road (A61) just up from the Renault dealership. 

Ah, I remember picking up the car from Dodworth Road - must have relocated since those days!  

6 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Ah, I remember picking up the car from Dodworth Road - must have relocated since those days!  

Yes, they did move to Wakefield Road and now come under TrustFord. Housing was built on the old Polar site on Dodworth Road I believe.

• Like 1

Be interesting to hear what your ford dealer says regarding this and associated costs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Thanks, will be interested to see how you go on. Was that formerly Polar? Bought my first new Fiesta from there in 1980!

Got my Mazda 2 from them in 2012. They managed to snap the aerial off before I collected it then tried to convince me it was like that before, until I produced a photo. 

Never sent me a replacement, the bunch of cowboys lol. 

I do like the idea of the motion sensing fob - but I think I'll stick with my Faraday wallet like Roger 🙂

Sure i read online a new type key is £65

2 hours ago, tef89 said:

the bunch of cowboys lol. 

Some friends of mind bought a Fiesta from another of their branches and (like many others) have had the rusty turbo coolant pipes issue. The dealership has (to say the least) done a lot of wriggling on the subject - my friends regard the name TrustFord as something of an oxymoron!😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finely got a reply from ford about the key the service manager says he rang ford and they say the key is only supplied to new cars so I don't know where the msn news page got that item from so I think one or the other is telling porkies?.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club