Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange pop up on sync 3 info screen

jsk

Hi all

Has anyone out there come across this on their Mk 8 sync 3 information screen.

On opening my drivers door the sync 3 screen showed the following.

SYSTEM SHUT DOWN TO SAFE battery POWER

Turn off ignition or start engine

Underneath that was a progression that slowly went across until full and the screen went off.

By the way the ignition was not on and the battery seems OK. Engine fires up no problem. Also had the same a couple of times about a month ago.

Got a 115 mile journey tomorrow so should get the battery back up if it is a bit low.

Be interesting to know if any of you have had this.

6 minutes ago, jsk said:

Hi all

SYSTEM SHUT DOWN TO SAFE BATTERY

Underneath that was a progression that slowly went across until full and the screen went off.

By the way the ignition was not on and the battery seems OK. Engine fires up no problem. Also had the same a couple of times about a month ago.

Got a 115 mile journey tomorrow so should get the battery back up if it is a bit low.

Just as a precaution, I would go to Halfords or get the race to do a battery health check, especially as you have a long journey, and the battery can be on its way out and the engine will crank fine until it doesn't or you crank to long at it fails then.

1 hour ago, jsk said:

Hi all

SYSTEM SHUT DOWN TO SAFE BATTERY POWER

Had that come up once or twice before, nothing to worry about imo, just a "feature" if you like that kicks in when the voltage is getting a bit low - but saying low doesnt mean the battery is dead or anything. Like I say, had this come up on mine before and the car starts perfectly fine etc. 

• Like 1

I've had this before when sat in the car a while without engine running while i listen to radio (get to work too early), usually press start button and radio comes back on

I get that all the time on the vehicles at work, brand new or used , it's just the battery is a little low. Just 10 mins with the ign on usually beings that message up. Quite annoying when I'm trying to upload maps off a usb stick. 

Like others I've seen this quite a few times, even made a thread about it last month. 

Usually happens when I havent used the car for a day or so.  It's just gently letting us know that you won't get the full / usual amount of time in accessory mode without the engine on. 

If I haven't been driving for 2 days, I also get that message.

Often had that message, seemingly at random, irrespective of whether the car has been stood for a day of two or just done a really long drive.

Thanks guys you have set my mind at rest. Didn't think it could be anything drastic. Just about to set off on my 115 mile journey so that should bring the battery back up.

Thanks again for all your replies.

• Like 1

Now that is something we have not seen yet in 14 months.

Hi Martin

Give it chance mine is 22 months old.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club