Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 7.5 Sony sound system

dstev

Hi all.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Sony sound system fitted to the higher trim levels of the Fiesta 7.5? 

I've always been a Ford fan and owned many over the years, including 3 different cars with the Sony sound system which has been fantastic in each instance. I have just bought my other half a 2013 Titanium X 1.0 125. It's a nice car, drives as well as expected even if the 125 ecoboost engine is a little underwhelming.

One thing that has disappointed me however is the sound system which is nowhere near the level of quality I have had from previous Sony sound systems (2006 Focus, 2008 Focus, 2008 Mondeo). It sounds really tinny once you start turning up the volume and there is a lot of rattling noise within the car from the bass (I'm really not talking huge volume here either). I've had a play with the settings but it's still not great. The car does have a rattling drivers door which sounds shocking when you close it so that probably won't help and it's going back to the dealer tomorrow to have this and a couple of other things looked at. 

What are everyone else's experiences of this system?

The Speakers are supposed to be upgraded to the standard trim but my experience is that sometimes they haven’t been. Look through the speaker grill to see if they are a shiny blue/black or a Matt finish. The high end Speakers are bluish. 

Other posters have got good results using sound deadening material behind the Speakers and ensuring all the door panel clips are all in place and tight to reduce rattles. 

So there's a chance I've bought a car thinking it has a Sony sound system when in fact it hasn't? Great.

Not the liveliest of forums is it this?

The decent sound system is the bang and Olufsen setup.  Though you should at least have plastic Speakers on the Titanium, compared to the paper ones on the base models.

The Fiesta isn't exactly a solid car though, you have to expect more bass rattles compared with the Focus or Mondeo.  

I'm talking about a 2013 Fiesta here, Sony was the top system in that MY wasn't it?

My Mk7.5 St line has the factory fitted head unit and I would say this is on par, if not better than the Sony head unit I fitted to my last Focus that originally came out of an St.

I rarely listen to the radio, only music from a memory stick or blue toothed from a phone. I will say that the quality of the recording of the track makes a difference to the sound quality.

More than happy with the stock head unit in my 7.5 and the mrs mk8.

Yes the Sony head unit is the top model and came in DAB and SatNav variants. Antennas and Speakers seems to differ, either through factory errors or when people have upgraded pieces rather than whole systems.  The Sony unit allegedly produces higher quality output than the multi-button unit, but I haven’t seen specs that prove that. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club