Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light. Focus C-Max

digger67

Hi guys

I have a 54 plate c-max that i purchased 5 months ago from a main dealer (not ford). Last month the engine management light came on. Wasn't too concerned cause i had taken out an extended warranty. Took it back to the dealer who had it for a couple of days then phoned to tell me the bad news. It was either the o2 sensor or the catalyst and guess what, the warranty covered neither. So although not happy told them to go ahead with the o2 sensor(cheaper option). Four days later they called me back. Had fitted the sensor and everything was tested and was fine. Collected the car the next evening paid over £300 (sore) and drove away. Next morning set off for work got about six miles and the light came back on. So its got to go back in. My question is is it likely to be the catalyst and if it is would it be very expensive? Also as there were no other problems and the car seems to be running fine, could i run it with the light on or would it fail an mot.

Bit long winded i know, but any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Digger

I can almost definately say it would fail the MOT emissions test.

Have they replaced the correct o2 sensor as there are two a pre and post cat sensors. 9 times out of 10 its the upstream right 02 sensor/pre cat sensor.

I have known cats to go down but o2 sensors are more common.

I would say your looking about £400+vat for a ford one or £200+vat for a non ford one plus fitting yep not cheap.

£300 for a o2 sensor is way to much should be nearer £150/200

hope this helps contact me for further info

where in scotland are you? i have a live data scanner thats good for looking at 02 sensor data and gives you the ability to see if either of them is playing up. can also read the fault codes which might be of use.

if you are near me then you could certainly get a shot to see if you can save yourself some cash

Hi guys

According to the receipt they replaced the 2nd o2 sensor. I'm in Glasgow but am willing to travel to get it checked.

Thanks

Digger

that would be the down stream o2 sensor then not the most common one to go down.

that would be the down stream o2 sensor then not the most common one to go down.

ahh shame im in fife, would hate for it to be a wasted journey. but i would be interested to know what the fault code its giving is.

and if im correct the down stream sensor is only a diagnostic sensor? and that the first sensor is the one that the ECU will base fueling on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Still got the problem with my cmax. Dealer has agreed to give me back the money ive already spent on it and i'm walking away. Dont trust them to fix it. Keep changing parts and prices. Light still on. So now I have to find a local garage who can repair my car. To be be honest i'd rather pay a local independent garage than one of the big guys anyway. Can anybody recomend a garage in or around Glasgow who would be able to sort my car.

Cheers

Digger

• 3 months later...

I can almost definately say it would fail the MOT emissions test.

Have they replaced the correct o2 sensor as there are two a pre and post cat sensors. 9 times out of 10 its the upstream right 02 sensor/pre cat sensor.

I have known cats to go down but o2 sensors are more common.

I would say your looking about £400+vat for a ford one or £200+vat for a non ford one plus fitting yep not cheap.

£300 for a o2 sensor is way to much should be nearer £150/200

hope this helps contact me for further info

I am new to the site and wonder if you could help me. I need to replace the HO2 Bank 1 Sensor as have had a P0030 DTC code. It is on a 53 1.4 Duratec engined fiesta. Could you advise me how to get to the sensor. Thank you. formulaoz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club