Pete Barrett

Sync 3 freezing problems

only had the car a week and the screen has frozen 3 times

according to the show room it’s a known software fault which ford are aware of 

I’ve been shown how to reset it but don’t want keep doing it especially on a brand new car

come on ford sort it out

My car did that the first week That I bought it. It was  worrying as it happened at night and I couldn't switch it off and was worried

in case I had a flat battery in the morning.  After about 10 mins  it shut itself down and when I went back to the car and switched

the ignition on everything was back to normal. Luckily its been ok since as I've never been shown how to reset it.

Hi Pete, I've had the same problem - only had the car 24 hrs and its done it twice. took it back to showroom and they advised its a known issue and that there is a software update for it available on the Ford website - they did do a temp fix which they say should resolve it on a temp basis but they advised me to download the update onto a USB and update it myself.

it should have been done as part of the PDI before the car was handed over - poor show really.

what did they show you to reset it ? the guys at my garage didn't show me - they said their temp fix should sort it but I'd still like to know how to do it in case it does it again.

I'm a bit worried about attempting the software upgrade myself, if their temp fix works then I'm minded to leave it alone.

It should be in your handbook under Sync3 Troubleshooting. To rest set press and hold Audio unit power button and seek up simultaneously until screen goes black and resets. 

Hi Brian, i Saw those instructions. It doesn’t say if the seek up button is the ‘up’ one on the left side of the steering wheel or if it’s what would have been called the ‘fast forward’  button  directly under the screen ? 

Cheers

Carlton

You all need to switch off auto updates. That stops it freezing. I don't think the software fix is out yet. 

2 hours ago, carltony35 said:

Hi Brian, i Saw those instructions. It doesn’t say if the seek up button is the ‘up’ one on the left side of the steering wheel or if it’s what would have been called the ‘fast forward’  button  directly under the screen ? 

Cheers

Carlton

Its the one under the screen . On my Focus 4 a recent Sync3 software update fixed the issue. Have you check the Ford website for updates for your VIN