Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Sync 3 freezing problems


Pete Barrett
 Share

Recommended Posts

only had the car a week and the screen has frozen 3 times

according to the show room it’s a known software fault which ford are aware of 

I’ve been shown how to reset it but don’t want keep doing it especially on a brand new car

come on ford sort it out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My car did that the first week That I bought it. It was  worrying as it happened at night and I couldn't switch it off and was worried

in case I had a flat battery in the morning.  After about 10 mins  it shut itself down and when I went back to the car and switched

the ignition on everything was back to normal. Luckily its been ok since as I've never been shown how to reset it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete, I've had the same problem - only had the car 24 hrs and its done it twice. took it back to showroom and they advised its a known issue and that there is a software update for it available on the Ford website - they did do a temp fix which they say should resolve it on a temp basis but they advised me to download the update onto a USB and update it myself.

it should have been done as part of the PDI before the car was handed over - poor show really.

what did they show you to reset it ? the guys at my garage didn't show me - they said their temp fix should sort it but I'd still like to know how to do it in case it does it again.

I'm a bit worried about attempting the software upgrade myself, if their temp fix works then I'm minded to leave it alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should be in your handbook under Sync3 Troubleshooting. To rest set press and hold Audio unit power button and seek up simultaneously until screen goes black and resets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Brian, i Saw those instructions. It doesn’t say if the seek up button is the ‘up’ one on the left side of the steering wheel or if it’s what would have been called the ‘fast forward’  button  directly under the screen ? 

Cheers

Carlton

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, carltony35 said:

Hi Brian, i Saw those instructions. It doesn’t say if the seek up button is the ‘up’ one on the left side of the steering wheel or if it’s what would have been called the ‘fast forward’  button  directly under the screen ? 

Cheers

Carlton

 

Its the one under the screen . On my Focus 4 a recent Sync3 software update fixed the issue. Have you check the Ford website for updates for your VIN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Hi all!  Love my 2019 AWD fusion, but screen keeps freezing and today it blacked out entirely, then magically appeared tho frozen!! Did an update recently,  no help!  Someone posted to turn off automatic updates PLEASE tell me how to do it THINK I did it but not sure aargh sometimes I hate technology THANKS SO MUCH!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sync3 settings / automatic updates. In there is option to turn on or off.

Doesn't sound like that to me though . You could try full reset of Sync3 and see if it still does it otherwise could be issue with APIM (modem) ,that dealer will have to  sort out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

Yes I have have the same problem on my 2019 Ford the Zinc 3 will not switch off but after a short while it is back to normal.On 2 other occasions the screen was completely black with nothing working but after stopping and doing some shopping it was back to normal.The car has been back to the dealer Arnold Clark three times for updates but to no avail Ford should get this sorted and have cars recalled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


28 minutes ago, Gil 1966 said:

Yes I have have the same problem on my 2019 Ford the Zinc 3 will not switch off but after a short while it is back to normal.On 2 other occasions the screen was completely black with nothing working but after stopping and doing some shopping it was back to normal.The car has been back to the dealer Arnold Clark three times for updates but to no avail Ford should get this sorted and have cars recalled.

Dream on !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

This sync3 problem has been going on for years, Ford needs to change to a new system. I’ve got 2016 ST3 and dealership been saying A update is coming. Haha they’ll never sort it so don’t hold your breath. It does help to turn off updates but doesn’t cure it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 7:52 PM, Kenneth graham said:

This sync3 problem has been going on for years, Ford needs to change to a new system. I’ve got 2016 ST3 and dealership been saying A update is coming. Haha they’ll never sort it so don’t hold your breath. It does help to turn off updates but doesn’t cure it.

Unfortunately you are right. Turning off wifi and auto update doesn't help. My car is six months old and SYNC 3 froze three times. Twice the black screen, once the parking sensor with an unbearable sound.

I have an appointment on Monday at the Ford dealership. We will see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership