Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres

Izotop

Hello guys,

I have this little problem. I'm not a car guy so it may sounds stupid.

I have ol' Fiesta 2004 1.25 Flame.

Tyres fited in are 185/55/R14. I wanted to fit now ones and on every page i found recommended size is 175/60/R14 .

Well i know 185's works.

The question is can i change to 175/60/R14. From what i gathered R14 is a rim diameter. So I think it should be fine but since it's not my area of expertise i prefer to ask.

Are you sure it's a Flame?  I'm pretty sure they came on 15" 5 spoke alloys.  Also thought they were all 1.4s as well.

Anyway, yes you can change from 185/55/14 to 175/60/14 if you want.  The tyre will be 10mm thinner though, so you may notice a bit less grip.

• Thanks 1

are you sure it says 175/60/14, most fiestas I have seen from that era have 175/65/14 .

Problem with changing tyre size is you need to do all 5 at same time otherwise your spare is not suitable for all 4 corners of the car.   I assume your spare is a full size wheel and not a spacesaver on that car. I would expect it to be full size.

Although 175 is slightly narrower I would expect it to be slight less noisy and better in snow as it will dig in more instead of slithering about on the surface. Although you may not notice any difference at all in any respect.

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure it's a Flame?  I'm pretty sure they came on 15" 5 spoke alloys.  Also thought they were all 1.4s as well.

Anyway, yes you can change from 185/55/14 to 175/60/14 if you want.  The tyre will be 10mm thinner though, so you may notice a bit less grip.

Yes 🙂 I'm very sure

On 5/17/2019 at 1:48 PM, isetta said:

are you sure it says 175/60/14, most fiestas I have seen from that era have 175/65/14 .

Sorry. Yes its 175/65/14.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club