Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PARROT CK3100 LCD handsfree kit with standard stereo (Ford Mondeo MK4)

Sheepdisease

I would leave it connected and put a nick in the wire to add the 12 volts to see what hapens

So I am looking for a blue cable? Where exactly should I connect to it?

I still don't understand how a CD player can work without power like indicated in the quote? Particularly when it seems as though it turns on with ignition.

have you tried the orange wire with 12 volts yet

Where exactly should I splice?

just stick your 12 volt cable in to the plug were the orange go in to see if it powers up

Okay, I used a fuse piggyback and a spare piece of house gauge wire and pressed the other end against the red cable in the SOT and the Parrot came on.I t looks like, as you said, it isn't a powered CAM BUS.

I want to use the proper gauge wire, do you know what I need to look for please?

I cant tell you the wire I used some 5 amp from the range red wire when you say its power up does it say goodbye when you disconnect the power

Thanks for that. Yes, it does say goodbye when disconnected.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheepdisease said:

Thanks for that. Yes, it does say goodbye when disconnected.

right that's it then as I said I used some 5 amp wire with a 3 amp fuse glad its sorted 

I played with the menu and it went through the Speakers too. Thanks.

FYI, the fuse in the original assembly of the cabling for the Parrot is 5 amps.

• Like 1

forgot to say the wire you used will have to be connected to ignition live so when you switch the key off it will shut down 

6 minutes ago, Sheepdisease said:

I played with the menu and it went through the speakers too. Thanks.

FYI, the fuse in the original assembly of the cabling for the Parrot is 5 amps.

I used 3 amp just in case it went wrong anytime its been fine for the last 3 years and works well 😊 5 amp should be fine

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help.

This is what it looks like after a lot of messing with the copious cabling that I needed to squeeze behind the CD player:

spacer.png

I ended up using a piece of cable from a twin core lead that was cut off an old power tool for the cable by pulling it out of the outer plastic sheathing. I didn't want to go out and get any from Halfords as it's a fair drive from here.

I found that the best place to connect to 12v live was where a bullet connector could be found as shown below. Using a piggyback connector and a 5 amp fuse, (which is what the ignition requires in the passenger footwell fuse board), I crimped the end of the piggyback connector onto the cable I mentioned before and then added a bullet connector to the other end so that the connection is tidy and secure.

spacer.png

It turns on with the car and powers off after a few minutes when the key is removed.

Thanks for all your help.

• Like 2

looks a great job glad its all  sorted :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club