Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

California Car Scents

TomsFocus

Any of you use the California Car Scents air fresheners?  

I'm trying to work out what Laguna Breeze or Gardenia Del Mar might smell of? :laugh: 

I've had the cherry one which was nice and lasted longer than the car it was in lol, but want to try something different this time...  

Chemical guys do some great scent sprays. I wouldn't have a bottle of their 'stripper scent' one as that won't look appropriate to the family 😂. At the moment I just have a air freshener from slims detailing the guys I go to for my detail products. 

DSC_0106.JPG

• Haha 1

Why would anyone want their car to smell of paint stripper?  Oh...wait... :unsure: :tongue: 

The trouble with the paper ones is that only last a week or two, they do look cool though, I try to get free ones from different shows lol.  I found a spare one from last year while clearing out some car stuff recently though...so I've been driving a Golf with an S-Line freshener for a couple of weeks... :laugh: 

IMG_20190514_153340244_HDR.thumb.jpg.9a28db0bfd5e2171c5935e60a3000e4f.jpg

I might try a spray type next time, but I've gone for the Concord Cranberry California Scent can this time (£2.47 from CP4L) so that should last through show season hopefully! :smile: 

Word of warning though, don't Google 'cranberry smell'...it seems it has uses that I never wanted to know... :unsure: 😮 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Word of warning though, don't Google 'cranberry smell'...it seems it has uses that I never wanted to know... :unsure: 😮 

Well obviously I'm going to Google it now!!!😂

Edit

Wonder if it works? I've known about guys drinking pineapple juice to make things taste better for years but I had honestly never heard of cranberries for the ladies!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Edit

Wonder if it works? I've known about guys drinking pineapple juice to make things taste better for years but I had honestly never heard of cranberries for the ladies!

Searched it up also 😂. Didn't know it smelt down there for a woman. God knows when I will experience that 😶

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Edit

As I know your a ladies man you could get some cranberry juice along with the chemical guys stripper scent 🤣

Screenshot_20190603-111447.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

As I know your a ladies man you could get some cranberry juice along with the chemical guys stripper scent 🤣

Screenshot_20190603-111447.png

Stripper scent for my new motor and cranberry juice for the mrs it is then! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Searched it up also 😂. Didn't know it smelt down there for a woman. God knows when I will experience that 😶

I hope you get a nice one for your first then mate, wouldn't want you to be repulsed for life and thinking they're all the same! 🤮😂

You could always give the lucky lady a dousing in stripper scent though if you're struggling.😷

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2019 at 3:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

Any of you use the California Car Scents air fresheners?  

I'm trying to work out what Laguna Breeze or Gardenia Del Mar might smell of? :laugh: 

I've had the cherry one which was nice and lasted longer than the car it was in lol, but want to try something different this time...  

I have used Cherry until a few months when I stumbled on their bubblegum one. It's awesome and isn't too in your face.

Their cherry one is second best but Halfrauds now sell Xtreme Cherry (same stuff and brand just intensified) and that is awesome. I often get out of the car and people near the door can smell it!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DEVSR2 said:

I have used Cherry until a few months when I stumbled on their bubblegum one. It's awesome and isn't too in your face.

Their cherry one is second best but Halfrauds now sell Xtreme Cherry (same stuff and brand just intensified) and that is awesome. I often get out of the car and people near the door can smell it!

Speaking of cherry I was moving my dad's friend's mk7 fiesta into the garage and that had a nice cherry scent. Might look into getting a cherry scented air freshener. The smell isn't too wacky or too clinical. 

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

I hope you get a nice one for your first then mate, wouldn't want you to be repulsed for life and thinking they're all the same! 🤮😂

You could always give the lucky lady a dousing in stripper scent though if you're struggling.😷

I might worry the stripper scent might turn the future wife into a stripper 😂. First thing though I have to find the right person in my life who I can trust. Cranberry juice and stripper scent ill think about after when the right person comes. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

I do like bubblegum as a show season scent and did think about trying that one, but the S-Line paper one I've got now is bubblegum so wanted something different, it's definitely one to try in future though. 

The Coronado Cherry is strong enough, I can imagine the Volcanic one might be a bit too much lol! :laugh:  

I've got the New Car scent in mine. It's not like new car, but it is a nice "clean" smell, not sweet or floral.

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I've got the New Car scent in mine. It's not like new car, but it is a nice "clean" smell, not sweet or floral.

I don't like new car smell in general...they tend to smell like toilet cleaner to me.  :unsure: 

Quick update...  I put the cranberry in this morning.  Not sure if I like it or not...hopefully it'll grow on me.  I don't think it even smells like cranberries tbh, smells more like artificial strawberry!  Regretting not going for either the tried and tested cherry or the bubblegum now lol! :laugh: 

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Quick update...  I put the cranberry in this morning.  Not sure if I like it or not...hopefully it'll grow on me.  I don't think it even smells like cranberries tbh, smells more like artificial strawberry!  Regretting not going for either the tried and tested cherry or the bubblegum now lol! :laugh: 

Where did you put the cranberry? Just asking as we've had two uses for it in this thread!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WES180 said:

Where did you put the cranberry? Just asking as we've had two uses for it in this thread!🤣

I tried in centre cubby hole under the roller flap but moved it to a door pocket...at this rate it'll end up in the glove box...  Hmm, everything inside a car sounds like a euphemism now! :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

Was thinking the same 😂. Why not get yourself this? A nice present for fathers day 🍻 

Screenshot_20190603-185903.png

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Was thinking the same 😂. Why not get yourself this? A nice present for fathers day 🍻 

Screenshot_20190603-185903.png

I can see that being awkward to explain when a copper pulls you over and asks why the car smells like a brewery... :laugh:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I can see that being awkward to explain when a copper pulls you over and asks why the car smells like a brewery... :laugh:

Just through up that bottle to them. Might be a good excuse if you or a friend in the car actually had a few too many but I'm sure for safety they'd do a breath test. 

• Haha 1

Just bought the bubblegum one, been looking for a strong, long lasting scent for a while now! The jelly belly ones are good but don't last very long.

8 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Just bought the bubblegum one, been looking for a strong, long lasting scent for a while now! The jelly belly ones are good but don't last very long.

Let us know what you think when it's in!

I also like the Jelly Bellys but find they don't last long.  Plus I can't seem to find the one I like any more, it was the purple one, Island Punch iirc.  I don't mind the cherry or blueberry ones either though.  Just they don't last long enough considering the price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club