Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sourcing a clutch kit.

pacman1500

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.4 2003 and the clutch is starting to slip.  I want to buy my own clutch to save some money but need a little guidance.  I can see a  Valeo 3 piece clutch kit on Eurocarparts when I enter my registration but im hesitant to buy it incase it's not guaranteed to fit my car.  How can I find out exactly what parts I need?

Cheers.

There's only one size available so it should be correct.  Nothing is guaranteed to fit though, and it's not uncommon for ECP to send the wrong parts which is why most garages will insist they supply the parts.

• Like 1

If you are not fitting it yourself I wouldn’t bother trying to supply a garage with the parts. Many won’t be interested and you will have trouble with the warranty on the part itself should there be a problem down the line. 

As stef123 says. If you supply part and clutch fails, the garage will tell you it was the part and the parts supplier will tell you it was the fitting. and unless you oversee the dismantling and understand what you are looking at you won't know who is right and you are just stuck in the middle. On something like this where the labour cost is so high compared to the parts cost it is not wise to try to save a few quid by supplying the part. 

• Like 1