Sign in to follow this  
sonic113

Front strut bearing and mount alignment marks

So I ok picked up new springs, bearings and mounts for the front. I pulled both part as and realised when I went to put all back together I forget what way they line up on the strut.

Anyone any tips on this? 

The bearing has one tab and the top mount as two taps if it helps.

1 hour ago, sonic113 said:

So I ok picked up new springs, bearings and mounts for the front. I pulled both part as and realised when I went to put all back together I forget what way they line up on the strut.

Anyone any tips on this? 

The bearing has one tab and the top mount as two taps if it helps.

So you didn’t think of taking one apart and using the other as a reference 🙄 sorry can’t help and yes  I know I’m a smart *****

Might be best to get this confirmed, but from memory the Tab in the Bearing/Spring seat should face to the outside when assembled, i.e. 3 o'clock for the right side one and 9 o'clock for the left side one when looking from the back of the car. The Tab is also on the thickest part of the Spring Seat if my memory is correct.

The Rubber Mount is shaped to only fit in the bodywork mounting one way, so you should be able to work out what way it goes. I can't remember which way the Tabs should face. 

35 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Might be best to get this confirmed, but from memory the Tab in the Bearing/Spring seat should face to the outside when assembled, i.e. 3 o'clock for the right side one and 9 o'clock for the left side one when looking from the back of the car. The Tab is also on the thickest part of the Spring Seat if my memory is correct.

The Rubber Mount is shaped to only fit in the bodywork mounting one way, so you should be able to work out what way it goes. I can't remember which way the Tabs should face. 

Thanks for the reply fellas, I have three cars in bits here all different jobs to be done before tonight's out so I'm going between them. Long story lol!.

I actually forgot I took pics before i dismantled for this exact reason. It's one of them days lol!