Sign in to follow this  
jace1969

Dash Cam setting..what is yours on (FPS and Resolution)?

I ask this as looking at the footage which i aint done for months and i have a A119 with 1440p at 30fps and the picture is as good as the £300 ones,even reviews say this but.

I cant read plates when a car comes past me all the time its hit and miss say im doing 30 and there on other side of the road and pass me at 30 and i pause its blurred most times,loads of forums on this says 1440p at 30fps is the best for still image or images which don't have as on the 30fps and 1080p with 60fps is going to be better for the motion blur when on pause,i use VLC.

Have tried is very quick and does seem the case so need to give it a good try,still cars when you pass them are 100% on both sides so it is down to motion blur and fps,number plates is just a example as for the detail.

I know loads on here have dash cams so what it yours on and would the fps being higher in car driving be the way to go as you are moving so motion will come into it a lot.

I'm not sure these cheaper cameras do actually change the resolution and FPS despite the options in the menu.  I have the same issue with my A118c, hit and miss whether you catch the plate or not.  Mine records in 1080HD but I'm not sure what frame rate it's on, I tried a few when I first bought it and found no difference at all.

Worth remembering though, if both you and the oncoming car are doing 30mph, that's 60mph combined, it's much faster than it seems.

Yes Tom i think you have a good point there,cheaper ones might not make a big difference but i have to say trying it just up the road quick in a bright day on this 1080p on 60FPS does seem better when i pause it on VLC player.

It was always for years set on 1440p at 30FPS just thought i would give this a try just to see if i can solve it,cant fault the picture in any way even night is spot on.