Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scary, Scary Tyre Condition Spotted

Michael P

Was turning left at a roundabout, a Ford Transit (quite old) was next to me, i see the back tyre and it was very, very clear to see that both rear tyres had absolutely NO tread whatsoever.

How it hasn't been spotted by police is beyond me. They looked as smooth as paper, imagine if it lost the back end somehow?!?!

Rather worrying to see a van in such a state but i'm sure the tale is the same for many vans...

Some people don't give a dam to they.

Some people don't give a dam to they.

No they don't!!

My friends space saver which is fitted is currently like this :lol:

Needless to say i am borrowing him my steel wheel tomorrow before he A) Gets pulled and given 3 pts B ) Injures himself/someone

My friends space saver which is fitted is currently like this :lol:

Needless to say i am borrowing him my steel wheel tomorrow before he A) Gets pulled and given 3 pts B ) Injures himself/someone

Wise move!

What a good friend your friend has got. :D

A 59 plate transit reversed into a tree yesterday.. the driver laughed and drove off, not damaging the rear bumper at all!

Found this very amusing!!

Yeah that's terrible. For some reason people fail to realise how important having tyres with enough tread on is. Nobody would drive with faulty brakes and in the wet especially worn tyres can be just as dangerous from my experience.

I always try and change my tyres at just under 3mm having read this article http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/buying/buying/200855/how_to_keep_your_tyres_safe.html - makes pretty interesting reading.

Reminds me of my ex. Normally I did all the driving in my car but one time mine was in the garage, she come to pick me up in her Ka because we was going out for the day. First thing I noticed though was her front tyres were in dreadful condition. On the one part of the passenger's tyre the rubber had worn away completely and you could see the wire underneath the rubber. I said to her we ain't going anywhere until you take your car to the garage (which was on the other side of the village). She didn't see the danger of it (to mine and the mechanic's amazment), so I bought her 2 new tyres.

I work for BT

15 minutes everyday is dedicated to Van checks, we are supplied with a tire pressure checker and are training on basic engine maintenance (common scene)

If you see any BT Openreach van with low tread...feel free to call the number on the back of the van :D

I work for BT

15 minutes everyday is dedicated to Van checks, we are supplied with a tire pressure checker and are training on basic engine maintenance (common scene)

If you see any BT Openreach van with low tread...feel free to call the number on the back of the van :D

We have a very similar procedure with our Waitrose vans. The two vans we got have to have a full check each morning and are not to leave the forecourt until they've been checked. Which is something I enjoy (oddly enough, no wonder some of my friends compare me to James May), I treat those vans like my own vehicles. Because at the end of the day, if I'm pulled in one of those Waitrose vans by the police and one of the tyres have an illegal tread depth on it ... The only person who gets it in the neck would be me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club