Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Facelift - Help with Rear Bumper Spats Please?

han63fiesta

Hello,

I'm hoping somebody can correctly advise me. I have a bog-standard 2013 MK7 Facelift Fiesta Zetec and I'm hoping to get into modifying her in the next couple of months. I want to put a different diffuser on the rear, either from an ST line or an ST, because A) my current one is boring and B) it has a big scuff mark from somebody in a car park that I cannot get rid of. I've been told I need to buy 'rear spats'. Could somebody please explain/answer these questions, please? There is a listing for spats with a Zetec S diffuser for £65 locally, which I could tigerseal onto my original bumper, or would I better buying a whole new Zetec S bumper and then just changing the diffuser? Is it an easy swap?

I have attached a photo of my current rear bumper for reference.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to things like this, but I'm hoping to learn. Any helpful advice (beyond "you should have just bought a Zetec S") would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Han

IMG_1577.jpeg

Best off tiger-sealing them to the bumper really. A lot of zetec-s bumpers will come with parking sensors. Plus it's less for you to paint (you can probably just rattle can the spats and nobody would notice). It might look a little strange without the rest of the bodykit though lol.

Diffuser swap is quite easy and isn't held on with much.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something quite key actually lol. Your current exhaust stops a foot before the diffuser (as you cant see the exhaust tip without looking underneath). The Zetec-s diffuser actually has a cut out for the exhaust so unless you change your exhaust, you'll be left with a gaping hole in the bottom right.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Best off tiger-sealing them to the bumper really. A lot of zetec-s bumpers will come with parking sensors. Plus it's less for you to paint (you can probably just rattle can the spats and nobody would notice). It might look a little strange without the rest of the bodykit though lol.

Diffuser swap is quite easy and isn't held on with much.

EDIT: Forgot to mention something quite key actually lol. Your current exhaust stops a foot before the diffuser (as you cant see the exhaust tip without looking underneath). The Zetec-s diffuser actually has a cut out for the exhaust so unless you change your exhaust, you'll be left with a gaping hole in the bottom right.

Thank you so much for your advice.

I do want to get the rest of the body kit eventually, but trying to find parts in 'Midnight Sky' is proving to be a bit of a nightmare, unfortunately! It seems they did not make many Zetec S' in that colour, especially facelift.

I was planning on getting a new exhaust tip so that should deal with the hole in the diffuser issue.

It's more than the tip that you need. As it is, your exhaust it all welded so it'll need bits chopping out and either the tip extending with another piece of pipe, or the back box moving further back.

Yeah its not a common colour. Just best getting whatever you buy sprayed up.

1 minute ago, Luke4efc said:

It's more than the tip that you need. As it is, your exhaust it all welded so it'll need bits chopping out and either the tip extending with another piece of pipe, or the back box moving further back.

Yeah its not a common colour. Just best getting whatever you buy sprayed up.

You can tell I'm a novice! Thanks for that info.

The colour has proven to be a pain in the backside really, cost of buying parts and then having to have them sprayed on top soon adds up 😞 if I hadn't been desperate for a new car at the time I bought her, I probably would have hung on until I could find a ZS in Midnight Sky rather than doing it this way, but never mind!

• 1 year later...

I am trying to do the same as you but cant find rear spats for the facelift. Can you help me or send a link? Thankyou.