Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front light malfunction

Colin S

Hello,

New to forum but help would be appreciated.

I have a 61 plate Mondeo 2.2 titanium X sport which is causing me a few issues at the moment.

The other day a dash warning 'Front light malfunction' appeared. There is a yellow dot in the centre of the car display where you would normally see the headlights on.

There are no bulb faults, all working. 

Any ideas what's wrong and can I fix the issue?

Thanks in advance

Do the lights do the level test when you turn them on? They should turn on in a high aim position then drop and come back up.

2 minutes ago, Frembrit said:

Do the lights do the level test when you turn them on? They should turn on in a high aim position then drop and come back up.

Only if it has zenon.

It should have, standard on the MK4.5. 

The car does have xenons and now you mention it they no longer drop and come back up. 

• 2 months later...

I have a 2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.0 Petrol and I am also having problems with some of my front lights, My problem seems to be the light's that are supposed to come on when you are going around a corner, There is also a little yellow light on the dash where my headlights are and a message saying that I have this problem but I can't find a separate fuse to cover this issue so I was wondering if anyone else had come across this. 

10 hours ago, Breiwickboy said:

I have a 2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.0 Petrol and I am also having problems with some of my front lights, My problem seems to be the light's that are supposed to come on when you are going around a corner, There is also a little yellow light on the dash where my headlights are and a message saying that I have this problem but I can't find a separate fuse to cover this issue so I was wondering if anyone else had come across this. 

So, with the headlights 'on', your Static cornering light/bulb are not coming on when you turn the steering wheel? both sides?

Any messages in the Information-messages section of the display?

• 2 years later...

Error message. yellow dot on dashboard pictogram and annoying sound was there. When I have put luggage in the trunk and 3 boys in the rear seat, error message and all the other symptoms have disappeared, when removed the above items symptoms have returned. If you experience the same then the leveling device (which levels the front-lights based on the weight) maybe the root cause of the problem. It is located on the bottom of the left rear side, near the exhaust pipe. Sensor was around 100 EUR.   

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club