spangle

Adaptive lighting

Having driven my Focus Active for the first time with lights on I had quite a few cars flash me as it would appear the lights didn't always go from high beam to normal when a vehicle approaches. The blue full beam light on the dash stayed on even though it looked liked the beam has dipped. Doesn't appear to dip on approaching the rear of a vehicle in front either. My previous Focus always worked fine. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

If you've got the Full LED adaptive lighting then in my experience the only time the lights will fully dip is if a vehicle coming the other way is directly in front of you. The rest of the time the lights stay on full beam and adjust the lighting pattern so as not to dazzle oncoming drivers.The lights also adjust the pattern to illuminate across the apex of a bend without dazzling oncoming vehicles. When following another vehicle the lights again remain on full but a trough is created around the car in front so the driver is not dazzled but the road either side of him is lit up. It's very clever stuff.

It could be that your just being flashed because the lights appear much brighter than non LED.

Many thanks Comares, I feel much reassured.

Should have added that as with all these innovations it's not infallible as sometimes you may have to manually dip lights ,but then you have switch auto off and on again to make all work as intended.