Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need some advice for a Fiesta Mk8 with Sync 2.5

Da9L

Oh my god! I need that update in my car!

Is it available via a module update by the dealer? (I'm willing to risk them bricking my screen haha)

Any other noticeable upgrades over the last version?

Thanks a lot for following up the thread man!.

my god u guys need to use google more for those of u on sync 2.5  or any version lower than 3.4you can upgrade to sync 3.4 also u can down grade if u dont like the changes I have done it with my 2017 st line 100 u will need a usb stick min of 8 gig and for those with navigation u can also upgrade and get the new maps believe they are f9 now but u will need a 32 gig stick

down load this programme but when choosing sync file version do not use the latest as this just crashes use the second latest and away u go

Syn3 Updater – CyanLabs use the latest one

• Like 1

Um... @HLENNIE does your sync come with satnav?

I've tried all methods, including cyanlabs (which did nothing on my car once i plugged in the USB drive). 

Your Fiesta might have an APIM module, which is why the cyanlabs loader worked for you.

no satnav but it does have an apim module yours is a later car so why no APIM module

Ah just as i thought.

So it looks like i do know how to google then.

Cyanlabs method ONLY works with APIM equipped ford models. 

In this thread we are discussing about sync 2.5 that came fitted on some ford fiestas, where all the software is loaded at the ACM module instead. The only method to upgrade this is a firmware update at the dealership (or via forscan, which i can't try unless i get a place to plug in my car and get the obdlink official cable).

Thanks though.

• Like 1

u could also use an ids clone to programme much better than forscan as u can actually change the as built file

On 12/15/2020 at 9:09 PM, HLENNIE said:

my god u guys need to use google more for those of u on sync 2.5  or any version lower than 3.4you can upgrade to sync 3.4 also u can down grade if u dont like the changes I have done it with my 2017 st line 100 u will need a usb stick min of 8 gig and for those with navigation u can also upgrade and get the new maps believe they are f9 now but u will need a 32 gig stick

down load this programme but when choosing sync file version do not use the latest as this just crashes use the second latest and away u go

Syn3 Updater – CyanLabs use the latest one

Please before you come with such assumptions try googling yourself. You can't use CyanLabs to upgrade Sync 2.5 based units. Its already been tried here and probably already mentioned in this thread.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hello, I just bought a Ford Ranger FX4 2020 and I got Sync 2.5.

I opened the dashboard to remove the screen and I do NOT have an APIM attached to my screen.

Also, I tried looking for kits to upgrade and connect a new API but the harness for the head unit is different, this is a square connector with 32 pins and I cannot find a convertor to add the API module.

My car does not come with Navigation but looking at the ACM it has an antenna for GPS. This is the exact unit that I have in my Ford Ranger.

https://www.opuradio.com/products/harman-ctr-fomoco-radio-jx79-18d804-for-2018-2020-ford-fiesta-mk8-receiver-focus

Looking at this documentation, https://fccid.io/2ACRLCTR/User-Manual/User-manual-4351503 it looks like J9 port has the GNSS which is used for navigation also.

I am wondering if someone was able to just install Sync 3 in this head unit or if there is a way to upgrade the ACM to the standard port for SYNC 2 or 3 connectors, the connector is 52 pins.

Or if there is a work around rewiring the wires so it will match the harness for the ACM and APIM.

• 1 year later...
On 8/26/2019 at 11:30 AM, Da9L said:

Hi everyone! First post here

I bought my self my first Ford back in February this year, a Ford Fiesta Mk8 1.0 Ecoboost with 140hp. And so far its been an okay experience. However i got one with a Sync version of 2.5 instead of 3. I did this because my only requirement was that it was able to run Android Auto, which it is. However I've noticed that when i do run with Android auto, no clock or signal is shown. At first i thouhgt that was something i needed to enable somewhere, but after further trying to fix it, I've come to the conclusion that this is because of my car, and not my Phone. If i plug it into my friends Focus mk3, which has Sync 3, the clock shows up just fine.

Heres a picture of what I'm talking about

The main problem is that, when I'm in Android Auto i can't even tell what time it is. 

Is there a way for me to get Sync 3 in my Fiesta ? I figured it _should_ be possible somehow, since the hardware is most likely very capable of running it and possibly even the same as cars with Sync 3.

I spoke to my local dealer but they really do not know anything about this kind of stuff. They also told me that they wont even change the unit to a Sync 3 one if i paid for it, since Fords policy on this stuff is that once you have bought a car, it is tied to what it is bought with, so I'm a little unsure what to do now. 

I've attached a picture below with my software version

I bought an APIM unit to install in my ford fiesta stline 2019 mk8 with sync 2.5 but unfortunately there is no the 54pin connector to plug it in also except of the wire harness that might have to get modified or change in order to plug the APIM unit maybe I have to change the ACM unit the standard radio (no the screen) in order to work. Ford is ***** up in situation. Let me know everyone if its another way to upgrade sync2.5 to 3 

Have a great day🤟🏼

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club