Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCM light only when turning right or over bumps

HMS-GGG

Hi everyone I'm new on here and firstly can I apologise for my grammar, it's not the best.

I am on here with my cap in my hand as I am at my wits end my S-Max. It's the 2.0 TDCI Duratorq  with a DCT 6 speed build date is 03 2010. Anyway if anybody has any idea what could be the issue as my local garage has no idea I'd be much appreciated as I am a taxi driver so need to sort this problem out and I certainly cant afford to go to a ford dealer.

The problem is when accelerating hard or lightly,  mainly when I turn right, and definitely on full lock turning right but only with acceleration never without. Or go over bumps in road going in a straight line and sometimes going left but only if there's bumps too.  It will go into limp mode  EML doesn't come on only engine malfunction fault codes are in this order

U0401 00.08

P062D 00 2C

P1304 00 22

P169F 00 2C

All only when accelerating lightly or hard weather conditions  have nothing to do with it it seems rain or shine it seems the same. It seems that after a couple of hrs driving it gets a bit better on straights but soon as you turn a hard right it's back again. I've had a new battery but didnt make any difference. About 4 months ago I had air bag lights tcm eml all stuck on I took it to garage but again didnt know how to fix it as he said he was locked out from system? 

I drove down road from garage and they all went off and it has never happened since. I keep engine & transmission oil changed regularly and gears change smoothly and nothing strange gearbox side of things. Hope theres someone can help thanks for reading

Hi thought maybe somebody would have an idea the car has done 225000 miles too I'm going to change fuel filter air filter today and clean all earths up to eliminate those possibilities yesterday when doing an 80 mile journey it played up as usual from cold soon as I pulled away  but got seriously worse when I was about 60 miles into journey on the M4. But I had turned ignition off and back on again to clear engine malfunction light and tc light. All seemed fine for a couple of minutes then suddenly it seemed it was really struggling like I was pulling a heavy load up hill I had to pull over as could bearly manage 40mph there was no warning lights on at this stage either which I thought was strange as it was worse than before. when I pulled over it seemed like I was running out of fuel turned off and on again and was still the same no lights but a real struggle to get going eventually I got to my destination left it for 10 mins went out drive it home seemed fine again most of the way with usual symptoms only coming into play when turning and accelerating right or over bumpy parts of road anyway if anyone has any ideas please it may be of help 

Cleaned all earths put New air and fuel filter chamged crank sensor too still the same going in for a leak of test tomorrow could it be lamba sensor?

• 1 month later...

Ok still no help from garage or on here!!

my car is now on the drive. as When I put the shifter into drive and hold brake pedal down it stalls, it seems fine in reverse. last time I drove it it wouldn't go into 3rd gear either so all my previous problems were because of gearbox? The last time I changed oil and filter for DCT was 20000 miles ago and instead of the usual ford oil I used a cheaper same spec oil and filter from westway oils. Would it be pointless changing oil again or not as I've spent loads on this car changing pretty much all running gear and brakes 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club