Peter_B78

2018 S-Max Titanium front power socket

Hi,

this past weekend I took ownership of a 2018 S-Max Titanium AWD.

I've noticed that the front power socket, in the console below the A/C controls, is uncovered. At first I thought it was just missing a push in cover, but on closer inspection it seems it should have flip up cover that has broken off.

Does anybody know what the part number for that cover might be? Or where I can look it up myself?

Also, if I can get hold of the part, does anybody know how to pop the existing one out to replace it?

Thanks

Peter

GW

Can you upload pic that we can understand better what you want?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, rbitton782 said:

GW

Can you upload pic that we can understand better what you want?

I'll grab a pic when I'm back at the car later.

But it's the 12v lighter socket in the front cubby hole below the A?C controls. It's right beside the 2 USB ports.

It looks like it used to have a cover on it but that it has been broken off.

Couple of pics of the part in question. In the first one you can see where the cover for the power socket has been broken off at the hinge. The second pic is just for location context.

spacer.pngspacer.png

GW

As I suspected it came as one piece, look pics below. 39a6f54835d84dd4e1d864d453ef865d.jpgd8f1ba6f8bcdd7299c0e98de21fdeb01.jpg

Thanks but looking at pics of that part on ebay it doesn't look to have the socket cover as part of it. It seems to have a hole for the socket to be fitted into

I now have a replacement flip-up cover for the power socket - the dealer I bought the car from sent me one.

Now I just need to get the old one out so I can put the new one in.

Looking at the new part, there don't seem to be any clips that specifically hold it in. But there are a couple of "tabs" and it looks like the power socket, when pushed in, pushes those tabs outwards securing the cover/bezel in place.

It looks like it should be a straightforward job, but I have no idea how to get the power socket out. It sits recessed into the front of the cover with nowhere to try and get a lever in to prise it out.

I'm fairly sure that I'm missing a trick somewhere.

Does anybody know how to get the power socket out?