Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sticky /notchy steering

Stuartg56

Hi my 2015 mondeo steering sticks after long right hand bends, about 20degree lock and 40 mph roughly. The car had new tyres, cross climates on 16 rims, and was fully tracked. The car had 7500 on clock when I got it and now 13500. A definite improvement on the Bridgestones originally fitted and for having a trackup but not fully resolved and steering still needs a tug now and again. Independent ford dealer has checked and lubricated all swivels etc incl steering column ujs and cannot find the issue . Problem only occurs on right lock but is a bit intermittent so I am suspecting an epas issue. Don't think it's mechanical as on a capri 3l years ago had  similar issue but that was not intermittent and was resolved by lubrication of steering column uj.  Maybe steering angle sensor recalibrate will resolve. Anyone had similar issues and resolved them. 

It's very frustrating as it's a nice car apart from this niggling issue 

Have you got lane assist? If so ,switch it off and see if it improves. 

No, no lane assistance just bog standard steering - don't  believe in too many bells and whistles as more to go wrong! 

the steering angle sensor needs monitoring on diagnostics to see any irregular signal at a particular angle . 

• 10 months later...

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? Just bought a 2015 Mondeo and having a very similar sounding problem.

• 10 months later...

I have the same issue, about 5 to 10 o'clock on my steering only on right hand bends, mine is a Aug 2017 Mondeo 1.5 Diesel, nothing to do with lane assist, I've disconnected my battery to reset everything is it's much much better, but I can still feel a bite between 5 to 10 o'clock, only after I've been driving a while. Not noticeable on motorways, but half an hour on country lanes it becomes obvious.

I bought this car 2nd hand, only had for 3 months, I thought maybe the subframe maybe out of alignment but it would have been the same after the reset surely? But the dealer did replace the worn steering wheel and I'm wondering if they wound the clock spring by accident?

Any help would be amazing as I love the car otherwise.

1 minute ago, Loz1970 said:

5 to 10 mins past I should have said!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club