Mark 2.5 boot leak

Hi

I have noticed when I open my tailgate after heavy rain there is a dribble of water on the passenger side carpet, on the side of the car.

It just reaches the boot floor.

I have searched and can't find much info on this model, plenty on the mark three.

It's a 2009 Zetec, so has a spoiler and the clear light units.

I am going to strip it down and have a look, the water seems to come from quite high, just below the side plastic cover supports and only on the passenger side.

anything obvious to look for?

Thanks

I tried the light first, both the screws don't seem to go very tight? I assume this has been off before for bulb change possibly, horrible nasty plastic?

Any way to get the screws tighter or is this just how they are?

Thanks

Bought this car to last me. Rusty arches and sills. Suspensions noisy, starter motor failed last year, power steering pipe burst. Have to buy a new set of wheel nuts every time you change a wheel, seat height adjustment keeps going down on its own It just feels a lot older than it is (61 k

Put a deposit on a  Skoda I will be test driving today.

Don't feel safe on my 20 mile commute going into the winter. Need a warranty.

Cars like everything else just too disposable these days.

I had the same, but on the drivers side, which is the same side I had previously changed a bulb.  A big dollop of grease over the screw heads did the trick.

Seems a bit random how some cars have nothing but problems and some just go on and on without letting you down.  Some of it might be due to how the car is maintained and driven, the climate where you live, quality of the local roads etc.  Fingers crossed, coming up to 13 years old and 150k miles without anything major needing doing I will get a few more years of happy motoring...