Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Mpg and very poor range - 2011 240PS Ecoboost

HannsG

Hi guys, 

I have had the car for around two weeks now. Purchased for my wife. 

We have a history of high performance petrol motors. Focus ST, M3, currently a M140i also. 

Anyway, have filled the tank with nearly £80 worth of fuel, I have done around 75 miles from reset and the fuel tank is saying there are 240miles left to go!

This is the same engine I had in my Focus ST. So I am genuinely shocked it drinks this much. The mpg is also stating 17mpg. And I am not hooning around. 

How accurate are the mpg figures in the Smax? I might get it looked at. 

What sort of range are you guys getting for this model? 

I have decided to run the tank down to pretty much zero to get an accurate figure for the total range. 

All local driving and a lot of stop start and the odd 120mile round trip once a month is the current style. 

If anything it shows you how much the modern petrols have moved on in terms of mpg. The M140i barely falls under 28mpg.

GW

Hi mate
My smax (2012) does 31 mpg, and I'm 85% urban, 15% highway.
If you want accurate measure of your fuel consumption, only throw your gas station.
Fill her up, zero your counter and when you will fill it again, mpg divide your gasoline.
For example : you drive 550km, at the gas station you fill her with 64lt, your consumption is 550/64=8.6lt per km

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hi fella, my 2011 model I get about the same as rBitton above, On a long run from London to Liverpool I get about 36 mpg and normally around 30 on way to work. but that’s driving like miss daisy. 

Edited by DeanSmax240
Spelling

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club