Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion Tyre Pressures.

Paulkp

Just put a new set of four Michelins on the Fusion.

When first driving, it felt a bit "skittish" so checked the tyre pressures which were 35psi front, and 32psi rear, whereas decal on B post suggests 29/26 psi.which is how we have run the car for 65k

Handbook pressures are 35/32, so tyre dealers set them correctly, but having lowered the pressures to 29/26 it certainly feels better.

Anybody else any views or experience ?

Always ran mine at 35/32 psi purely for better mpg

Bill, I can understand the economy argument, so might be worth upping the pressures.

We have replaced tyres twice, original Hankook 406s were first replaced like for like in a set of four, now gone for the Michelin.  tyres seemed to wear out evenly across the tread, did your tyres wear in the middle much ?

A long time ago with a 2.8i Capri, Ford recommemded 28 all round, but Autocar recommended 24.  Replacing tyres at 12k with the middles worn out, I then went to 24 !  Tyres were more expensive then !

Can't remember if it is the Fusion or another car we had but there were two recommended tyre pressures, one for comfort and one for economy, and there was 6 or 7 psi between them, seems to be quite a common thing these days so even if the Fusion doesn't state it in the handbook it might have been updated in the info for garages.

On 11/16/2019 at 10:13 AM, Paulkp said:

Bill, I can understand the economy argument, so might be worth upping the pressures.

We have replaced tyres twice, original Hankook 406s were first replaced like for like in a set of four, now gone for the Michelin.  tyres seemed to wear out evenly across the tread, did your tyres wear in the middle much ?

A long time ago with a 2.8i Capri, Ford recommemded 28 all round, but Autocar recommended 24.  Replacing tyres at 12k with the middles worn out, I then went to 24 !  Tyres were more expensive then !

They used to wear nice and even and I used to get 24000 miles out of them.The ride was a little bit harder but not much difference/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club