Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MkV Mondeo Heated Windscreen Relay

JimH69

Both left and right sides of the heated windscreen on my 2015 Mk V Mondeo have ceased to operate despite the dashboard lamp indicating it is on when I press the push button.

Can anyone tell me which relay powers the heated windscreen and if possible the Ford part number for this and fuses 61 and 66.

Is your Stop\Start still working properly?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As above, the heated screen will show as being enabled but will not be allowed to function if the battery falls below around 74%. This also applies to the start stop system which is the simplest way of telling if the screen will work or not. If your start stop still works then by all means look into the relay instead.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've recently experienced the same windscreen heater problem and have been looking for some guidance. I had noticed previously that my stop/start was "resting" which I expected was due to low battery. I didn't expect the low battery to also affect the screen heater - but now thanks for the guidance.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 12:32 PM, DavyB said:

I've recently experienced the same windscreen heater problem and have been looking for some guidance. I had noticed previously that my stop/start was "resting" which I expected was due to low battery. I didn't expect the low battery to also affect the screen heater - but now thanks for the guidance.

The heated windscreen pulls a LOT of amps, so it's to try and prevent the battery being discharged to the point where it can't deliver what's required for basic operation.

• 1 year later...

does any know if the heated screen has a relay besides the 40amp fues if so where is it located  mondeo mk5 2016

4 hours ago, avo said:

does any know if the heated screen has a relay besides the 40amp fues if so where is it located  mondeo mk5 2016

there are 2 relays but they are non serviceable and part of the battery junction box. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club