Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior light not going off

TaylorA

My 18 plate Ford Fiesta interior light won’t go off. I can fully turn them off but when I won’t them to come on and off when a door is opened they just won’t go off. 

can anyone help with this. It’s really beginning to annoy me for a Ford car to have problems like this just over a year old 

If it's just over 12 months old why not take it back to where you bought the car and get them to fix it? Cars aren't like they used to be when you could fix a lot of issues yourself but modern cars are not owner friendly when it comes to mechanical and electrical issues, it's all computer diagnostics now!

• Thanks 1

So I’ve rang up and it’s not covered by the warranty. Heard a few things about putting WD40 in and about the door handles but over than that nothing 

Not covered by warranty, that figures! most warranty's aren't worth the paper their printed on, especially s/h vehicles. If the light wont go out when you close the door it must be that whatever disconnects the power to it is not doing so. I would still badger the place of purchase, if you keep on at them they may fix it, worth a try.

It's under 3 years old so still covered by manufacturer warranty.  What reason did they give for it not being covered?

Pretty sure a fault like this would be covered by the warranty.

No ifs or buts, this is an eletrical issue, if they can't prove you caused damage, it's covered by the standard 3 year base warranty.

The dealer probably just can't be bothered with the warranty work. They only get 50% rate from Ford for it.

Slightly different scenario but it's surprising what you can achieve if you keep squealing like a stuck pig, I had a laptop fail after 3 years, this was post the time under consumer Law that stuff had to be of serviceable use up to 6 years, and although the manufacturers admitted and published the fact that there was an inherent fault, the retailer washed their hands of all responsibility, it took 6 years and 2 repair attempts when they finally agreed to repair it, which they did. Moral of story, keep squealing for however long it takes to get a satisfactory result.

I had the opposite and it was the unit itself.But i have alo since found out if they are constantly on you may of turned the dash light illumination switch right up.turn knob back a bit and see if that works..apparently if its on full up it keep interior lights on, i might be wrong but worth a try.

• 3 years later...
On 2/8/2020 at 5:53 PM, TaylorA said:

My 18 plate Ford Fiesta interior light won’t go off. I can fully turn them off but when I won’t them to come on and off when a door is opened they just won’t go off. 

can anyone help with this. It’s really beginning to annoy me for a Ford car to have problems like this just over a year old 

There are 2 buttons for turning these lights on and off.  The main one being the most obvious and the second being the reading light itself.  Push the lense cover of the reading light that is staying on.  Once in the off position the lights should return to working normally when the door is opened and closed.   

• Haha 1