Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

LOCKDOWN

DJ NEZZ

Here in New Zealand we are in Lockdown and must stay home for 1 month now with Covid 19 Virus. We have 102 cases now with no deaths (23/3/2020). I hope all my friends in this UK FORD FORUM are OK. Staying home is a safe way isolating. Be careful! DJ NEZZ The Kiwi From NZ. 

• Like 3

I think its got to be done here in GB. After seeing the pictures of all the idiots yesterday just ignoring all the rules Baaaaa. Don't they realise the danger they are putting themselves AND us in , this can just spread the virus , another Baaaaa.

Its going to happen anyday soon. I'm afraid all those selfish idiots have brought it on themselves and proper rationing could follow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJ NEZZ said:

Here in New Zealand we are in Lockdown and must stay home for 1 month now with Covid 19 Virus. We have 102 cases now with no deaths (23/3/2020). I hope all my friends in this UK FORD FORUM are OK. Staying home is a safe way isolating. Be careful! DJ NEZZ The Kiwi From NZ. 

Where are you allowed to go out of interest?  Presumably you're still allowed to go food shopping during that month? 

Or are you just expected to grab the nearest passing lamb? :biggrin: 

• Haha 2

Hi Keith, Brian and Tom, we are allowed to go food shopping, Doctors, Chemist etc and work if you have an essential job. We can go for a walk but must stay close to home. No driving around, going to the mall (most shops and businesses are closed), going to the beach or fishing. We must keep a distance of 2 metres from other people. Police are stopping people and making them go home. A lot of idiots are breaking these rules and Tourists and Backpackers here are amongst the worst and a lot of them are from the UK. We have 581 cases now, 1 death and 60 have recovered ( 31/3/2020). I hope your handling your lockdown ok and staying at home, safest place. I'm DJ NEZZ, The Kiwi from Auckland, New Zealand. The Home Of The America's Cup.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DJ NEZZ said:

Hi Brian and Tom, we are allowed to go food shopping, Doctors, Chemist etc and work if you have an essential job. We can go for a walk be must stay close to home. No driving around, going to the mall (most shops and businesses are closed), going to the beach or fishing. We must keep a distance of 2 metres from other people. Police are stopping people and making them go home. A lot of idiots are breaking these rules and Tourists and Backpackers here are amongst the worst and a lot of them are from the UK. We have 581 cases now, 1 death and 60 have recovered ( 31/3/2020). I hope your handling your lockdown ok and staying at home, safest place. I'm DJ NEZZ, The Kiwi from Auckland, New Zealand. The Home Of The America's Cup.

The UK was put on lockdown the day after your original post, so we're now in the same position with the same restrictions.

We have about 20,000 cases and 1,200 deaths so far!

8 hours ago, DJ NEZZ said:

Hi Keith, Brian and Tom, we are allowed to go food shopping, Doctors, Chemist etc and work if you have an essential job. We can go for a walk but must stay close to home. No driving around, going to the mall (most shops and businesses are closed), going to the beach or fishing. We must keep a distance of 2 metres from other people. Police are stopping people and making them go home. A lot of idiots are breaking these rules and Tourists and Backpackers here are amongst the worst and a lot of them are from the UK. We have 581 cases now, 1 death and 60 have recovered ( 31/3/2020). I hope your handling your lockdown ok and staying at home, safest place. I'm DJ NEZZ, The Kiwi from Auckland, New Zealand. The Home Of The America's Cup.

Nice car, I see you've remapped yours 👍

Police in AUS/NZ are a bit more strict than UK police from my experience, over here there's barely any policing going on

Hi Ozzy, You have a nice car too. Is it an ST Line? Our Police here in NZ are too soft I think but there has been a few arrests for badly breaching the lockdown. Your car has the good motor. I got a re tune by Dave at Tune Technic here in Auckland rather then a Mountune or any other of the plug in tune boxes available around the world. He does a full Dyno with the re tune ( 210KW & 420NM ) . I have fitted a custom 3" Down Pipe removing the Cat and Resonator, Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plugs ( RR14S ), Steeda Billet Aluminium Bonnet Release Lever and a Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve ( TS-o203-1061 ). I have abit of exhaust sound in the back now with the turbo woosh sound in the front. Love it! Mondeo performance parts are hard to find, look at Focus ST 2.0L at cj pony parts.com. Hoping all you Ford Lovers in the UK are well and keeping safe in these Global hard times. I'm DJ NEZZ, The Kiwi from Auckland NZ.

Old Pipe.jpg

Where I leave there are many many ignorant people who seem to think this virus is just a lie to take away the limelight about leaving the EU 👊

I'm seeing people aged between at least 10 to 60 years of age, even one bloke who is around 50 and goes to the shop at least 5 times a day!, he walks by my house all the time and normally takes his young daughter with him, presumably to the local corner shop.

Yesterday I looked upon at least 7 people all on a front garden all having fun together and drinking, told me Son about it and even he remarked.... ''THEY AREN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG''.......and.... ''I'M IN LA LA LAND''..... at that point we started to argue over this.

When will this all end ? When the human race is extinct maybe!!!

On another note maybe washing cars on the street should also be banned.

Look on the bright side then . It should be mostly the ignorant/ brainless idiots that get culled leaving the rest of us to enjoy a more peaceful life when this is all over.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Look on the bright side then . It should be mostly the ignorant/ brainless idiots that get culled leaving the rest of us to enjoy a more peaceful life when this is all over.

Thing is, who are they passing it on to? 

Well, we've just passed midday on April 1st...I guess this whole Corona virus thing isn't just an elaborate April Fools joke afterall… 😮 

I must admit, people around here seem to be taking it fairly seriously and I think we all need to keep some perspective on it.  I'm still going through massive anxiety 'peaks' where I'm scared to even open the door to get the post, but the next day going for a walk and realising that people aren't all just dropping dead all over the pavements for steeping outside their house.  I think it's getting more difficult as time goes on though, rather than any easier.  I guess I've still not been able to find a routine to replace my previous one though. 

There are probably still a lot of people that don't understand it as well, especially in the older generation.  I mentioned my elderly aunt in another thread, constantly washing her hands despite having no visitors or leaving the house.  Heard from her again on Sunday and she said she wouldn't even go outside to the dustbin or sit in the garden...but that she gave a cup of coffee to a neighbour who brought her some shopping and they spoke through a closed window.  Problem there is that this neighbours dribble and hand-contaminants will then be on the cup that she touched and chucked in the dishwasher (touching the dishwasher handle that she will inevitably touch again once the items are clean, contaminating them all), not understanding that that's how the virus spreads...it's not just 'in the air', it's spread by people! 🤦‍♂️  It's really frustrating as she's far more intelligent than me in terms of maths and English, and worked a high powered job in the city of London for her whole career, but doesn't understand, or accept, basic science!  Ok she's just one person...but how many are like her?  Who knows...?  :unsure: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Where I leave there are many many ignorant people who seem to think this virus is just a lie to take away the limelight about leaving the EU 👊

I'm seeing people aged between at least 10 to 60 years of age, even one bloke who is around 50 and goes to the shop at least 5 times a day!, he walks by my house all the time and normally takes his young daughter with him, presumably to the local corner shop.

Yesterday I looked upon at least 7 people all on a front garden all having fun together and drinking, told me Son about it and even he remarked.... ''THEY AREN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG''.......and.... ''I'M IN LA LA LAND''..... at that point we started to argue over this.

When will this all end ? When the human race is extinct maybe!!!

On another note maybe washing cars on the street should also be banned.

I do think that there is something being hidden by this and always say that when something gets hyped up by the media like COVID-19 has.  BUT that said it is a serious virus that can and has killed people so we must take it seriously and going shopping more than once a week is just irresponsible.

I was hoping to use this enforced lockdown to get some projects done.

I was going to build a new shed, but I can’t get any timber at the moment. 
I wanted to vinyl wrap the roof of the ST, but it’s just a bit too cold and I can’t get a mate round to help because social distancing. 
Was thinking about learning to powder coat and do some motorbike parts but can’t get hold of some of the stuff I need. 
Looked in to de-chroming the titanium focus but again too cold to vinyl wrap. 

What can I do with myself! Just washed both cars, very meticulously 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:35 AM, DJ NEZZ said:

Hi Ozzy, You have a nice car too. Is it an ST Line? Our Police here in NZ are too soft I think but there has been a few arrests for badly breaching the lockdown. Your car has the good motor. I got a re tune by Dave at Tune Technic here in Auckland rather then a Mountune or any other of the plug in tune boxes available around the world. He does a full Dyno with the re tune ( 210KW & 420NM ) . I have fitted a custom 3" Down Pipe removing the Cat and Resonator, Brisk Silver Racing Spark Plugs ( RR14S ), Steeda Billet Aluminium Bonnet Release Lever and a Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve ( TS-o203-1061 ). I have abit of exhaust sound in the back now with the turbo woosh sound in the front. Love it! Mondeo performance parts are hard to find, look at Focus ST 2.0L at cj pony parts.com. Hoping all you Ford Lovers in the UK are well and keeping safe in these Global hard times. I'm DJ NEZZ, The Kiwi from Auckland NZ.

Very nice.

Not tuning or modding mine in anyway, as insurance is a ripoff in the UK, I'm paying nearly 800 quid per annum and that's with zero mods, and a completely clean sheet of driving history and 5 years NCB. That's over 1600 dollarydoos 😂 Not sure how much in NZ dollars, but possibly around the 2k mark.

Mine is a Titanium with some optional extras (leather seats, premium sound, front and rear sensors, appearance pack with privacy glass, auto lift gate etc.)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club