Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

F**k, I just spilled oil on the stone work...

Stophen

Right, I made a total ***** up of my last oil change by spilling the used oil all over my patio stones - 🤦‍♂️!

I thought *****, the wife is going to kill me so I decided to try an old trick that I had heard of which was scrubbing the stone with normal fabric detergent and then power washing it off and low and behold it worked!

I managed to get the light stone colour to pretty much match the other stones and an added bonus is that now the wet grass doesn't stain them!

Oh, and this trick works on concrete / stones where the oil has been sitting for a few days.

I thought I would post this at it might save someones neck!

Stophen.

• Like 2

I can believe that. Washing powder works great for cleaning hands when you have been working on old dirty engines, but does not do your skin any good so I'm not recommending it. Washing powder was also recommended to clean out cooling systems when there had been an oil leak into the coolant, although there is probably something purpose made for that now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tizer said:

Washing powder was also recommended to clean out cooling systems when there had been an oil leak into the coolant, although there is probably something purpose made for that now.

Dishwasher tablets are fantastic at cleaning cooling systems, they're designed for breaking down grease on solid surfaces like plastic and metal afterall! :biggrin: 

Alternatively you can buy proper coolant flush at extortionate prices.

Regarding oil on concrete, I've never managed to get it out even with washing powder.  Think I left it too late each time though.  It was also gearbox oil rather than engine oil, so it smelt horrendous for weeks as well!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club