Sign in to follow this  
Jim McA

Mk5 Mondeo 2.0TDCi turbo under boost P0299

My 2016 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0TDCi 150BHP has a “Turbo Under Boost” problem. Under hard acceleration the power will drop significantly and it remains down in power until I turn it off and restart. Not an issue during gentle driving. The error code is P0299. No other fault code present. I checked all the hoses and intercooler for a leak but I couldn’t find any.  I checked the turbo actuator and it holds the vacuum fine. The vanes are moving freely. I checked it in real time using Forscan and the wastegate needle is all over the place but the vane position is matching the acceleration There is a  turbo control valve but I am not sure if this is the issue.

I am admin of the most active UK Mk5 Facebook page. It's a great forum and extremely active, we have over 2000 members and our interaction record is huge. If you would like help with anything Mk5 related then please join us, I think there will be several people with the knowledge you need to try and diagnose your problem.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk