Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

theory test

lasthope

my daughter wants to learn to drive now as she just turned 17 I no she cant yet but can she still take her theory test or is that on lockdown to

Theory tests are postponed as well currently.  

She can get an emergency theory test if a critical worker but I guess she isn't?

nope she,s not critical worker shes at collage doing vet stuff lol

• Like 1

The thing I learnt with the theory test was there's only so many answers, they just write the questions slightly different each time. I downloaded the app and just learnt all the different answers and used a bit of common sense when it came to the test. 1 off a full house if I remember, not to brag or owt 😁

The video part I learnt to basically just click everytime something new came into view that isn't a building as everything on the road seems to be a hazard 🤷‍♂️.

The theory test is a complete waste of time. I forgot everything about it the moment I got the piece of paper saying I passed. It's absolutely irrelevant for driving in the real world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

The video part I learnt to basically just click everytime something new came into view that isn't a building as everything on the road seems to be a hazard 🤷‍♂️.

Careful with that...I failed the first one for clicking too many hazards!  Computer thought I was cheating... :rolleyes: 

Got the questions all right though, on both that one and the next one, they're mostly common sense.  The only difficult ones are numbers ones, stopping distances etc that you do really need to remember before the test.

Passed the practical first time amazingly, no idea how...got off to a good start by turning the wrong way out of the test centre so he had to change his route. :laugh: 

i think I would fail my test if I had to do it all again lol I was lucky I just past a week before the new test came in all them years ago I had a mint driving instructor he turned around and said after 1st lesson cancel lessons and I ring you when test comes in just to do a few hours to safe your money because you can drive ok I passed 1st time around lol

• Like 1

I hated the theory test, the questions were fine but the hazard perception aspect was stupid in my opinion as it does not represent how you actually perceive hazards whilst driving!  Thankfully I passed first time and then passed my practical test first time also, but the examiner did say my parallel parking was awful and I needed to be aware of the size of my vehicle (Peugeot 405 estate at the time), whatever that meant :confused:

• Like 1

My daughter too is about to learn, applied for her licence yesterday as even that was stopped for a while. Tried one of the DVLA example hazard tests and failed despite being an experienced blue light driver, seems I identified one hazard, a tractor in a field, way too early so it wasn't counted!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club