Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Centre Console issue

Stacey1986

Hi,

I wonder if somebody could help me with an issue I seem to be having with my Mondeo (10 plate). There seems to be a problem with the centre console/radio. The issues I have are:

- Driving along with the radio on, it turns itself off

- Even if the radio is off, the centre console illumination may turn off.

- Later on, it may then turn itself back on (the lighting and/or the radio).

- After this happens, if I turn the radio on myself, I get a "1 hour" message. This is the message that you get when you turn the radio on when the car is parked, and the engine is off, so it seems like the connection has been lost to whatever tells the centre console that the engine is on.

- Then, sometimes when I park and lock the car, the centre console stays illuminated, and this is the main problem because it continues to drain the battery, to the point where, if left for say, a week, the car would not start.

The garage suggested a faulty radio unit, but the radio has been replaced with a brand new radio, and the problem still persists.

Has anybody experienced something similar to be able to point to a cause?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Sorry, this is not a solution.

I have been having the same issue for about a week. Mine also seems to clear the fan info - turns the fan level to auto and turns the air con on. This happens to mine randomly while driving and when I turn the car off and on again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club