Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Left wing mirror repeater and puddle light not working

Redhotnike

Hi There, 

sorry if this issue is on another thread and I have repeated it, but I couldn’t find one anywhere.

So I brought a 2012 S-Max and the left hand wing mirror indicator and puddle light are not working, I have changed the bulbs thinking they were blown but that didn’t do anything. I assume it could be a wiring problem, but before I buy a new wing mirror etc.. I was wondering if anyone else had any further ideas or encountered a similar problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nick

• 9 months later...

On 8/11/2020 at 7:52 AM, Redhotnike said:

Hi There, 

sorry if this issue is on another thread and I have repeated it, but I couldn’t find one anywhere.

So I brought a 2012 S-Max and the left hand wing mirror indicator and puddle light are not working, I have changed the bulbs thinking they were blown but that didn’t do anything. I assume it could be a wiring problem, but before I buy a new wing mirror etc.. I was wondering if anyone else had any further ideas or encountered a similar problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Did you find a solution to your problem? I have the same issue on my wife’s 2007 S-Max but drivers side. 

Thanks,

Paul

• 6 months later...

Just posting on the subject of wing mirror / door mirrors on S-Max in case this is helpful to others.

I had a broken near side door mirror and bought a replacement from Euro Car Parts for a discounted £70 but stupidly waited beyond the 14 day return period before properly trying to fit it.  I'd had a quick look to check that it was the right one and it had looked fine but when I came to fitting it I found that my old mirror had a 12 pin plug but the new one only had an 8 pin.   The plug fitted anyway but unsurprisingly most functions didn't work, left-right power mirror adjustment moved it up-down instead and the indicator repeater didn't work at all.

So turns out that my old mirror had a puddle light and the new one was the same in every way except didn't have the puddle light and hence only an 8-way connector plug instead of 12-pin.  As I couldn't return it, I decided to try to re-pin the plugs to fit the old 12 way plug onto the new 8-way mirror.

Thankfully the colour coding was all the same so once I'd found a useful video from America on "re-pinning Ford plugs" and discovered the knack of getting the pins out of the multi-way connectors - using an opened paper clip to slide down the locking side of the pin (from the front, after removing the red plastic pin cover) to release all the pins in both plugs - I was able to get the new mirror wires into the correct holes on the original 12-pin plug and everything worked perfectly*.

* don't do what I initially did and read my own wiring notes in mirror image, that really confused me for a while!  Pins are numbered 1 to 12 from the back, not the front!

Anyway, I now don't have a puddle light on the near side but I do have a cheap new mirror that is heated and electrically adjusted.  Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club