Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2010 bluetooth update

jape9310
聽Share

Hi,

I know there are many similar topics, but they don't seem to help me out.聽

The problem is that I want to update my Fiesta 2010 stereo, so I can have the ability to stream music through bluetooth. It does have bluetooth, but I can only use it to make calls, etc.. I've read many guides that say I need to update it with a USB stick, but the problem is that my model doesn't have a USB port.
Do I need to buy the USB module, or is it possible to update/unlock the features with an OBD2 device? 馃檪

Thanks,聽
Jacob

You'll need to swap the bluetooth module with one that supports music playback (the base model does not) and then change the central car config via etis or forscan.聽

Easily 拢100+ in total. Part numbers etc will be listed in the prior threads.聽

On 9/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, jape9310 said:

Hi,

I know there are many similar topics, but they don't seem to help me out.聽

The problem is that I want to update my Fiesta 2010 stereo, so I can have the ability to stream music through bluetooth. It does have bluetooth, but I can only use it to make calls, etc.. I've read many guides that say I need to update it with a USB stick, but the problem is that my model doesn't have a USB port.
Do I need to buy the USB module, or is it possible to update/unlock the features with an OBD2 device? 馃檪

Thanks,聽
Jacob

I was able to get bluetooth audio streaming聽working on my 09 Fiesta. Took a lot of googling but it's finally working.

I followed this guide聽and updated my firmware on my radio using an USB stick (Note my car has a USB port + AUX). But that didn't do anything at all, at least not visually. I still didn't have bluetooth audio streaming.

I then came across another post聽on this forum.

If your car has voice control. You need to say聽External Device > bluetooth > Play and this enables you to have the ability聽to stream audio from your phone.

I'm not sure how iPhone's聽work, but on my Android I had to enable Media audio in my Bluetooth settings.There's a few downsides though. The radio unit screen does not display anything besides Line in, so you don't know what the tracks title is. You can't skips songs using buttons on steering聽wheel or the radio unit.

I came across somewhere that you can use FORScan聽to reprogram the ECU/Radio and have the Bluetooth menu/option within the radio unit, but I haven't gone that far, as I don't want to invest in buying equipment to do this job. Planning on selling the car soon.

Edit: Btw聽I have no idea what聽Bluetooth module I have in my car. My car isn't anything fancy in terms of trim levels just a basic Style

3 hours ago, CyrusVanSpark said:

I was able to get Bluetooth audio streaming聽working on my 09 Fiesta. Took a lot of googling but it's finally working.

I followed this guide聽and updated my firmware on my radio using an USB stick (Note my car has a USB port + AUX). But that didn't do anything at all, at least not visually. I still didn't have Bluetooth audio streaming.

I then came across another post聽on this forum.

If your car has voice control. You need to say聽External Device > Bluetooth > Play and this enables you to have the ability聽to stream audio from your phone.

I'm not sure how iPhone's聽work, but on my Android I had to enable Media audio in my Bluetooth settings.There's a few downsides though. The radio unit screen does not display anything besides Line in, so you don't know what the tracks title is. You can't skips songs using buttons on steering聽wheel or the radio unit.

I came across somewhere that you can use FORScan聽to reprogram the ECU/Radio and have the Bluetooth menu/option within the radio unit, but I haven't gone that far, as I don't want to invest in buying equipment to do this job. Planning on selling the car soon.

Edit: Btw聽I have no idea what聽Bluetooth module I have in my car. My car isn't anything fancy in terms of trim levels just a basic Style

That sounds interesting.聽

I'm guessing you have a different bluetooth module since you have the USB port. As far as I've read, you need the bluetooth module with part number 8M5T-19C112-AN to have the ability to stream music. (I haven't checked my part number yet)

It's still worth a try to do the voice control thing.聽

I do have access to both FORScan and Ford IDS, so I will try to look into it a bit more when I get some time. 馃檪

That sounds interesting.聽

I'm guessing you have a different bluetooth module since you have the USB port. As far as I've read, you need the bluetooth module with part number 8M5T-19C112-AN to have the ability to stream music. (I haven't checked my part number yet)

It's still worth a try to do the voice control thing.聽

I do have access to both FORScan and Ford IDS, so I will try to look into it a bit more when I get some time. [emoji846]聽

If I get the time tomorrow, I will pull the module out and see what part number mine has and post it on here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, CyrusVanSpark said:

If I get the time tomorrow, I will pull the module out and see what part number mine has and post it on here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I just checked my module. I didn't even take 2 minutes. 馃槃

My module part number is 8M5T-19G488-AN, and it says "bluetooth Voice Connectivity"

It has a female mini USB port, so I could probably try to update it through that. I still don't think it would have the ability to stream music tough. I also noticed that when I look at the bluetooth connection trough my phone (Oneplus, android), it doesn't have the media option, only access to phone calls and contacts. 聽

I just checked my module. I didn't even take 2 minutes. [emoji1]聽

My module part number is 8M5T-19G488-AN, and it says "Bluetooth Voice Connectivity"

It has a female mini USB port, so I could probably try to update it through that. I still don't think it would have the ability to stream music tough. I also noticed that when I look at the Bluetooth connection trough my phone (Oneplus, android), it doesn't have the media option, only access to phone calls and contacts. 聽

Mine didn't have the Media audio toggle switch on my OnePlus 6 until I done the firmware update.

Then it appeared but still didn't have any audio streaming until I figured out that you can use voice control to get it working.

1 hour ago, CyrusVanSpark said:

Mine didn't have the Media audio toggle switch on my OnePlus 6 until I done the firmware update.

Then it appeared but still didn't have any audio streaming until I figured out that you can use voice control to get it working.

That makes sense then.聽

I'm afraid that I mess it up if I try the update you linked to, since my car doesn't come with the USB port. I would have to make my own adapter so I can plug the USB stick directly in the module, which it probably won't accept anyways 馃槙

I'm interested in knowing if we have the same bluetooth module - I guess not

9 minutes ago, jape9310 said:

That makes sense then.聽

I'm afraid that I mess it up if I try the update you linked to, since my car doesn't come with the USB port. I would have to make my own adapter so I can plug the USB stick directly in the module, which it probably won't accept anyways 馃槙

I'm interested in knowing if we have the same Bluetooth module - I guess not

I had few minutes to check what the part number is on mine :聽8M5T-19C112-AK and it says "bluetooth Voice Connectivity with USB".

So where your module has a聽female mini USB port, mine has it too, but mine has a connector聽connected, that I guess connects the USB port to the module.聽So when I was updating mine through the USB port, first time it failed, but on my second attempted right after it worked, though it did take about 15-20 minutes to update the firmware.

10 minutes ago, CyrusVanSpark said:

I had few minutes to check what the part number is on mine :聽8M5T-19C112-AK and it says "Bluetooth Voice Connectivity with USB".

So where your module has a聽female mini USB port, mine has it too, but mine has a connector聽connected, that I guess connects the USB port to the module.聽So when I was updating mine through the USB port, first time it failed, but on my second attempted right after it worked, though it did take about 15-20 minutes to update the firmware.

Yup.聽

So you have the right module.聽

Guess I'm off to the scrapyard then 馃槃

Just now, jape9310 said:

Yup.聽

So you have the right module.聽

Guess I'm off to the scrapyard then 馃槃

Very best of luck Jacob

2 minutes ago, CyrusVanSpark said:

Very best of luck Jacob

Thank you 馃檪
Love communities like this where people want to take time out of their day to help others聽

• 4 weeks later...

To end this topic, if someone should be reading this in the future.

I ended up buying a bluetooth module with the part number 8M5T-19C112-AT from my local scrapyard to replace my old 8M5T-19G488-AN module.聽
All it took was 5 minutes to swap out the units and a bit of time to unlock it with Forscan 馃檪

• 5 months later...
On 10/3/2020 at 5:43 PM, jape9310 said:

To end this topic, if someone should be reading this in the future.

I ended up buying a bluetooth module with the part number 8M5T-19C112-AT from my local scrapyard to replace my old 8M5T-19G488-AN module.聽
All it took was 5 minutes to swap out the units and a bit of time to unlock it with Forscan 馃檪

Hi Mate, did buying this module fix the issue of not displaying BT audio on the aux menu, i have the USB version however i cannot stream BT audio still. Wondering if this solved the issue?

• 1 year later...

Hello, have you found a solution? I am in the same case my phone streams music on ford audio but nothing is displayed in the menu aux, no possibility to change USB source FORD AUDIO IPOD. I have already updated the bluetooth module enable the option with ids try to disconnect the battery fuses but nothing. Anyone have the solution? Thank you聽

2 minutes ago, spoken said:

Hello, have you found a solution? I am in the same case my phone streams music on ford audio but nothing is displayed in the menu aux, no possibility to change USB source FORD AUDIO IPOD. I have already updated the Bluetooth module enable the option with ids try to disconnect the battery fuses but nothing. Anyone have the solution? Thank you聽

Hi mate,

yes i found a solution. I replaced the exsisting screen with a screen from a 2012+ model. Make sure the display is the Red light though and not the blue screen.聽

You can pick them up on eBay for around 拢15.

product code: 8A6T-18B955-BL or anything later in the alphabet E.g. BM, BN

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362297322044?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=C9HeyQy_T2C&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=-WdtCG4GT3O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

Hi, I replaced my screen which has the same reference as say 8A6T-18B955-BL from 24.11.2009 for a same reference 8A6T-18B955-BL from 10.05.2010. My problem is not solved, I still do not have access to the various options in aux and when I want to use voice commands to stream music in USB bluetooth it tells me not possible. Someone to help me thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club